litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Chavs Getting Killed In Police Chases

Fiona

I'm sick of reading about how the police shouldn't chase kids that steal cars or fail to stop for the police.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/notting...ire/3591566.stm

Granted, it's not nice that a kid has died, especially when the boy was in the passenger seat but what are the police supposed to do?

The boy's aunt says "We don't blame the driver. He was a 15-year-old lad and he shouldn't have done what he did, but we don't blame him. So who does she blame? The police? I'd string the chav up.

Are the police supposed to stand back and watch them drive away?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Driving under age

Driving without a licence

Driving without insurance

Taking & Driving Away??

Speeding??

Dangerous driving??

We have laws in society, designed to protect society itself. These lads may have been young but they made a choice. In fact they made several choices including all climbing in the car with someone they knew and knew to be under age, and driving in a manner that could lead to an accident as they evaded the police.

Any parent can try to conjure up the unimaginable feelings of pain that kids parents must be going through, but they could have done a few things differently over the years that could have prevented him from even being in the car.

Graeme

I'm sick of reading about how the police shouldn't chase kids that steal cars or fail to stop for the police.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/notting...ire/3591566.stm

Granted, it's not nice that a kid has died, especially when the boy was in the passenger seat but what are the police supposed to do?

The boy's aunt says "We don't blame the driver. He was a 15-year-old lad and he shouldn't have done what he did, but we don't blame him.  So who does she blame?  The police?  I'd string the chav up.

Are the police supposed to stand back and watch them drive away?

Fiona

I was reading in the Evening Post last

night the exact same story and was

disgusted. What if that twocker kid

had mowed down some innocent

pedestrians!!! Whats the world coming

too.

As far as the auntie was concerned she

probably wants us to live in a lawless

society and allow car theft to happen

Glennman

Its hard to have sympathy for them when they steal the cars and race them around.

One of the bugger embedded his car around my sis's ex a few years ago, of course no insurance etc.. so a complete pita to sort out. where as I imagine the kid got a light telling off (if thats still allowed with children) and sent home I guess.

If it was one of us, driving stupidly and killing our 16 year old passenger it would be a different story completely. Unlawful killing or something like that.

The stupid thieving chav here will probably just get a little slap on the wrists (but not too hard or his aunt will sue the police)

Steve

If it's not the police that are at fault it'll be the video games and movies !!

The blame always seems to be shifted onto anything but the actual cause. The little shit should be sent down for manslaughter!!

LOL at the title :)

casual reference to ..."chavs" !

I had my first liz nicked off the drive but i wouldn't want to see them die...maybe extremely maimed and wounded but not dead.

Im not on there side but all of us have attempted something at sompoint without knowing the full consequenes. And when your on the backfoot...you panic...and driveway..and die ! for all we know it could have been the first time theyve tried something like this and ooh what a cruel punishment.

No one wins or loses.

But im a little sceptical on what should happen on these Police Chases. 15 minutes through a city centre at 80+mph cant be the best thing but neither can letting them get away.

A diplomatic view on this rainy monday evening. :)

And when your on the backfoot...you panic...and driveway..and die !

haha :bday: very frank way of saying it :(

I have a great dislike of chavs and their gear - baseball caps, sovereigns, sportswear - but I think saying "I'm glad their dead" is a bit harsh.

Maybe there is a chav rehabilitation home somewhere...?

"Look into my eyes - my eyes - not around my eyes, look into my eyes....your under! When you wake up you will no longer live the chav way of life. You will get a some GCSE's, a job and not scrounge off decent working people. 3-2-1...your back in the room"

Think i am with Malbon on this one. Death is a large penalty to pay.

I had my first car stolen and written off by chav scum. What really anoyed me was when they were cought very little was done in way of punishment. The police said that because they were under 16 a full custodial sentance couldnt be passed. More annoyingly I had to foot the bill for increased insurance and the excess.

I think somewhere in there is a happy medium. Public humiliation is a good one. Bring back the stocks I say!!

Ally

Archived