litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Well, I've Done It Now...

Steve G

Sorry about the NLC but currently telling everyone that will listen. As quite a few of you will know me from meeting me at the runs / karting / rolling road days I've been on, I thought I'd share the news with you lot too...

Went on holiday last week with my girlfriend to Corfu (Sidari - the quiet bit, not the clubby bit)... and came back with a fiancee (the same person for those of you wondering! :clap: )

Decided to pop the question on Sunday. Hired a speedboat for a couple of hours, did a bit of a tour of the island and then pulled up to a secluded and deserted bay with caves etc. Dropped anchor and we swam ashore. Then got on one knee as we sat on the rocks having reached the beach! Absolutley brilliant feeling and been on cloud nine ever since - she said yes!

Hopefully we'll both see you at the next run at the end of the month...

:clap:

Steve.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations!

We got married (in secret) last October, we ribboned up our Turbo Esprit and used it for our wedding car! :pile:

We got married at our local registrary office, then met the photographer at Donington Le Heath (13th century) manor house for pix.

After that we drove up to North Yorkshire for our honeymoon, where upon arrival we rang our family, then texted our mates (how modern are we LOL)!

Best thing I ever did. :clap::clap:

Congrats. I used the Elise to drive me and my sister to my wedding. :clap: up my hair but it was worth it.

It's best to elope, though. Saves you a shed load of money!

Archived