litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Elise S1 111s Rear Brake Anti Rattle Spring.

Elise111S

Hello again!

Well after a superb response time from you guys regarding a choice of tyre for my car, I'd like to become bothersome and ask for some other information! :)

Does anyone have or know the part number for the Elise S1 rear brake anti rattle spring. Its the long bit of piano wire formed to help the brake pads resist, erm, rattling!

My 111s is missing one, and as I'm about to change the pads, I'd like to fit one.

Or if you have one, please let me know and I'll forward you some pennies.

Cheers,

Kurt

PS I've not navigated the sight properly yet, but do you all meet up ever and go for a drive out?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi,

I think I've got the same..... I'm going to put some new ones..... 10mm diameter 50 mm long......

I'l cut them if too long

It's seen at this page(about half way down), on the REAR caliper.

http://www.sandsmuseum.com/cars/elise/expe...pads/index.html

If that's what you've got, that's what I need :rolleyes:

Kurt

Parts manual doesn't list this retaining spring as a separate item. It is listed as part of a rear brake pad kit (A111J0100S) which includes the pads, retaining pin and the spring.

I suspect it will be a standard part of another vehicle (Rover?) so should be able to get one elsewhere.

Yeah, that rings a bell now :)

Had a look at the German Swedish and French Car parts catalogue on line last night, and there seems to be an awful lot of Laguna rear brake parts, so can anyone be more specific (model year, brake make etc)?

Thanks for you help so far! It's interesting to know where Lotus source their bits from! :lol:

Kurt.

Archived