litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Get My 1st Elise This Friday!

Big Rides

:lol:

Hi,

This is my first posting here- so please be gentle!

I have just bought my first Elise and I pick it up this Friday. It's an X reg Norfolk Mustard 111- in absolute mint condition.

'Really looking forward to loads of fun this summer, and joing in some of the runs, etc.

Regards,

Ian

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WoHoo! Bet you are more than a little excited!

Great choice of model too! :lol:

If no-one has mentioned it yet, get yourself over to

http://www.1stlotus.com

I know Andy is very busy at the moment, as I have just got on for Tuesday

on a cancellation, my second day there. So obviously great fun and it will inspire

confidence and instill some safety!

One can't always practive emergency stops from 70 on the road!

I am sure everyone on hear will echo the recommendation.

They all told me about it!

Enjoy!

Hello and welcome to MLOC. The drive home for the 1st time after picking the car up is a fantastic experience. Hope it's good weather for you...

Kristian :lol:

:(well done, :angry:

nice to see someone else has chosen the right elise in the right colour. I got mine in Dec and absolutely love it.

Very few niggles and I'm now driving it on a 65 round trip everyday. Same year as yours and it hasn't missed a beat since I bought it.

Planning to take it to Le Man which should be fantastic.

look forward to seeing you at the next run.

All the best

LIVY (Mark)

MANY thanks for the great Welcome!!!!

I have been driving an MR2 (mk 2) for 5 years and a mk 1 MR2 for a couple of years before that.

Always dreamed of an Elise, since they came out.

It should be in my grubby little hands by 11:00am tomorrow!

Cheers,

Ian

Friday May 29th 1998 (6 years tomorrow, sort of)....thats the day I picked mine up from the dealer. It was a baking hot day, and I had to get from Norfolk to Bristol by train to pick the car up. Stood all the way from London to Bristol and made it to the dealers with 30 minutes to spare - its fair to say that the handover was brisk and lacking in much depth! Actually it was more a case of "gimme the keys, where do I sign - I'm off". So with the roof off, I set about driving the 230 miles back to Norfolk. Well after being stuck in a jam on m42 for an hour (friday afternoon, what do you expect?) , this range rover pulled up next to me in the jam, and a rather lovely lady wound down the window, smiled at me - well, I thought I was in! "My husband has got one of those and he wears a hat when he's got the roof off - look in the mirror". I was burnt bright red, and my hair looked like the character out of the 7-up advert....anyway, miles later, it started to get cold, so I pull over into a MacDonalds to put up the hood. Elise owners will know what I'm about to relate - suffice to say, there is nothing more embarrassing than working out how to do the hood in front of the assembled Friday night Vauxhall Corsa meeting....I really should have paid attention to the handover. I got home knackered but smiling, and likened the drive to being rolled down a hill in a tin dustbin for 230 miles.

Still, I only spent 4 months on the waiting list when everyone else was waiting 18months... :wacko: - thats whyI had to collect it from Bristol...ludicrous really, I only lived 5 miles from Hethel at the time!

You WILL NEVER forget your first time in one, trust me. I'm envious....Relish it, savour it and above all enjoy it.

Rich

Ps - the hat, don't forget the hat :-/

Heh heh!

The sun is out, having driven around all winter without the roof, I'm not putting it on now, however my wife commented on my red parting and forehead/nose etc just the other day.......

Will have to get a hat........oh dear....I hate Baseball caps

Archived