litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Noob Here....

homerjay

Get an S2 mate, I use mine everyday even when it snows :chair: and i love it!!

Everyone knows S1's are so last year, with their dated dune buggy looks!! (uh oh :D )

But make sure whatever you get do a 1st Lotus day!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I will do is add the quote from the mag:

"Unlike many of the cars gathered here, the 135 has been superseded in ability by its replacement"

And what's so gay about carpets. And what have you got aginst gay people. And another thing..........

In the back of the Knowledge section, EVO says the S1 135 is the "Best Elise..."

I believe they also said the S2 was "for the ladies" but I can't seem to find that at the moment :D

LOL, sorry about the 'buggy' comment people :blink:

Do i dare mention VX220, insurance is nearly 50% cheaper but it aint a lotus, well it is, but it aint, if ya know what i mean...

what are servicing costs like, every 6000 mile isnt it?

LOL, sorry about the 'buggy' comment people  :blink:

Do i dare mention VX220, insurance is nearly 50% cheaper but it aint a lotus, well it is, but it aint, if ya know what i mean...

what are servicing costs like, every 6000 mile isnt it?

Still want to be known to drive a Vauxhall! :taz:

Badge snobbery maybe but they do look like a shoe box on wheels

Servicing is every 9000 miles / 1 year on a standard Elise I think...think its only exige etc that are 6000 miles

Fair enough.... valid points made.

Are you sure you'd get a better deal on the part ex though?? Ask around, i'm fairly sure NW would match your part ex price from Vauxhall as they want your business.

It might be worth remembering that the forecourt price of these type of cars might not be a true indicator of what their worth. There is always room for some bargaining - especially if buying what is perceived as a 'fair weather' car during the winter.

I managed to get £1500 off mine without too much trouble (used 11 month old (then) S2), which wasn't especially overpriced. Although I did also go to Vauxhall to have a look at the VX (significantly less room in the cabin IMO - but thats another thing) and they were willing to deal too - they did say the factory had an overstock - even turbos.

Having a PX will always put you in a weaker bargaining position - if possible sell your old car first and then go to the dealer as a cash buyer.

The 111R might mean an overstock of 111s's sitting at dealers, perhaps leading to a price reduction on these, or even standard Elises as people wanting those spend a little more and get a 111s instead.

Good luck though - you won't look back once you've found one (appart from to see who you've overtaken :) )

Archived