28th - 30th June 2024

S1 Exige Suspension Refurb.

KurtB

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted · Hidden by Mark H, July 13, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Mark H, July 13, 2015 - No reason given

Jim, you're wrong. I haven't had a good whine and moan about the exhaust you supplied. My next step is to do that, by posting the entire email and text correspondence we've had, and allied to this post, it'll illustrate what a temper you have.

Posted · Hidden by Meister, July 14, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Meister, July 14, 2015 - No reason given

Kurt let's get on with the refresh, looking forward to seeing your car progress....almost as good as mine. ;-)

Edit..speling

I've got all the bushes and ball joints in the wishbones, and my Father in Law has done a cracking job of polishing the front uprights. I've got to visit the local truck techie and get the bearings pressed in. Pics when my poorly little girl is sleeping :-/

Thanks Jonny. I'm a bit fed up that they're so pitted, but I can't help that really. Sorry there was only one pic, I was desperate to get back to my GT40 books ;-)

Yes Jonny, they're POR clear coated. The anti roll bar, and wheel nuts are POR black then clear coated. I'm so looking forward to it being back on the road, I've missed driving it so so much.

The village truck fitter assembled the hubs/bearings/uprights for me today. I'm chuffed as its now all down to me to put it all back together. Now, who's got a torque analyser?

post-4214-0-39720800-1436903529_thumb.jpg

Looking good, Now chop, chop and get it all back together. TAGL.

I'm waiting for (Helens) payday to buy some duralac, and I need some anti roll bar mounting blocks. Then I'm on it like gin and tonic!

Incidentally, I've painted the driveshafts too, and wonder if the wheel speed serrations need to be bare metal or not. Any ideas?

The aluminium blocks are anodised. I'm having some made as mine are badly corroded, I I can get some done for you or strip and anodise what you have if you like? The sensors are held in by an O ring and push out.

Kurt,

I have a tin of Duralac, I'll put some in a pot and post it if you like. There is much more than I will ever need in a tin.

Russ

Russ, that is very kind of you. I think I probably owe you a beer anyway, but why not make it two! Yes please. I'll PM my address.

Cheers,

Kurt

The aluminium blocks are anodised. I'm having some made as mine are badly corroded, I I can get some done for you or strip and anodise what you have if you like? The sensors are held in by an O ring and push out.

Hi Jonny,

Now that's strange, you have the metal ARB mounts, mine are nylon. I'm going to keep the original parts which is early Elise I think. What chassis number is your car? Mines #077.

Archived