litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

New Exhaust Set Up - Audition

jimlemans

Is anyone running an S2 K-series elise with Hurricane/de-cat and either Larini Club Sport or EliseParts exhaust.

I'm finally getting round to changing the standard set-up in exchange for pops and bangs now its no longer my daily drive.

I'd love to hear the sound of both in the flesh or any comments from people who may have had something similar in the past.

Cheers, Jim

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

I had a S2 111S with a hurricane and Larini clubsport and I really miss the sound to be honest! It was really throaty and deep.

I have a stock Exige 240S and sound wise is so quiet and lackluster in comparison. I strongly recommend the hurricane/Larini combination!!! Also as a point of interest the dbA was only around 95 so never had any problems on track.

I'm now running an S2 111S with Hurricane and Janspeed Roadsport, Stock manifold and Cat.

Its not crazy loud and pretty quite at tick over but the noise is there when you want it, its quite a deep sound also, very different to the Larini.

A guy on Seloc made some good videos as he's just gone from a Janspeed to Larini....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDq6wBmyfLA&feature=player_embedded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvhlse9lMi4&feature=player_embedded

Thanks I'll check the videos out when I get home. I sort of feel that if I'm going to the expense of changing it I might as well go for it and wake the neighbours up on a weekend - somewhere close to the Aventador that I was following (briefly) on the weekend.

jim I have an open K&N filter and a Hangar111 superlight exhaust with standard cat. It is plenty loud enough really, and sounds nice and not at all droney. It has also been known to chuck out the odd flame on track days!

Saves a load of weight from the place it most needs it too so helps handling.

Thanks Meister thats good to know! Were you running that with the standard cat? If so did you get any popping on over-run?

Yes was running with the standard cat. Occasionally, I got popping, but it was only occasionally!

jim I have an open K&N filter and a Hangar111 superlight exhaust with standard cat. It is plenty loud enough really, and sounds nice and not at all droney. It has also been known to chuck out the odd flame on track days!

Saves a load of weight from the place it most needs it too so helps handling.

Your exhaust sounded really nice dean when I followed you at the end if the breakfast run.

I saw some purple flames at blyton :-$

Archived