litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Karting Today :d

MattyB

Just to say thanks to everyone for an excellent day - especially Steve for organising. Me and Rich (my mate who tagged along) really enjoyed it. :)

Highlights?

Steve nudging me off on the my final race, denying me a place in the final...I'll get you next time :)

But by far the best bit was me jostling with Scott after Steve overtook - the rivalry finally making its way to the track B) For two laps we were side by side, overtaking and undertaking, fighting for the line....

:)

.......but on the last and most important bend, he just got in the lead :(

All in all, a most enjoyable day. Good to finally meet some of you and put faces to names. Roll on the next one.

Cheers again!

Matt

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad everyone enjoyed themselves! It was one of the best places i have been to as well - a repeat next year would fit well into the calendar.

Well done Jimbo! A well deserved win! But I have scores to settle next time - with my so-called friend who punted me off the track in the final so my 3rd place position became 5th! :drive: Where are the marshalls when you need them???? :blush:

Looking forward to the MLOC / NORLOG challenge and the runs starting up in the spring again!!!

Steve B)

How about an MLOC Summer Cup at Birmingham Wheels?

Outdoor track, twice the size, and I say we have the proper twin engined, disc-braked 80mph karts - sort the men from the boys, and all that :blush:

Costs more though - I think if there are 18 of you, for a few practise laps, followed by some qualifying laps, followed by the "grand prix" (all 18 of you on track for 20 loooong minutes) works out to about £50 each.

Just a suggestion :drive:

I have a bruised hip after my wipe out - well that's my excuse for not going to the gym tonight :drive: .

Great fun - definitely do it again.

Thanks for organising it Steve.

Fiona

Was indeed great... i had a few good tussles with some folks - especially the one with Matty B)

I got a bit screwed over in some of the heats, always seeming to have at least 3 of the eventual finalists in :blush: Still i had a great time and my g/f who started off a bit scared was having a great time by the end of it... sliding all over the palce and some nice blocking etc :drive:

Next time can we do the one with the semi final too - was apparantly only £5 extra and would be pretty cool i reckon.

Archived