litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

New pads - any new skids on the block

richbk

My 2005 na exige is in need of some new brake pads. Will change all at the same time, as part of a bit of a winter refresh.

The car see about 2/3k of quick road driving a year, with 1 or 2 track days if i am lucky. I am fairly sympathetic to my car so don't need anything too aggressive, so long as it stops on a 6pc. 

Any suggestions on the current pad of choice, and whilst i am at it I might as well change the fluid, so any recommendations on that front greatly appreciated too

richard

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cheers mark. Pagid vs CL's always seems to be the discussion.. I have the braided hoses and used motul 600 dot 4 previously, as with everything else in the world bar my salary they all seem to have gone up 25% since i last purchased any !!

I have CLs on mine Rich, iirc they are RC5+ on the front and RC6 on the rear - deliberately, to get the rear to do a bit more work. I think Lotus set the balance quite a long way forward as standard.

Anyway, the set up works well, I'm very happy with it on the road and track. They are a bit dusty though, and more aggressive on the discs than oem, but I suppose all higher-friction pads are.

I think you can see the coefficient of friction ratings for all the different makes and types of pads on the Demon Tweeks website which might help you choose.

Good luck!

Dean

Archived