litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Intermittent Knocking Noise

Christopher Lawless

Christopher

It's worth asking for Paul Anderson though and chatting it through with him.

Although I have to say that both Christopher and Oakmere Lotus have chosen to post on a public forum therefore by virtue of that fact people should be able to comment about both sides as they see fit.

Mark

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear Jonathon

Perhaps the correct response should have been to await Christopher’s phone call and discuss it like the professionals you claim to be, being present at every stage of interaction I feel that this response is disappointing and unnecessary. Had you waited until Christopher had phoned you before you posted your reply you might have found that further comments would have been posted which showed that your business is in fact committed to providing excellent customer service, instead you refused to talk to him insisting on him reading your social forum comment. That answer in no way shows any kind of interest in dealing with any potential complaint, it shows you are more interested in preserving your company reputation by belittling Christopher and his comment.

Whilst driving to your garage which is over 70 miles there was no knocking present, and collecting the car from your garage there was knocking present this would suggest that the fault lies with yourself. If a knocking was present on route to the garage I feel we would have mentioned it instead of saying no work was needed on the brakes. As you can see from above the purpose of this thread was to find out potential causes of this knocking, not to start a social media war. Perhaps the question needs to be asked as to why the car was allowed to leave the garage after full service and mot with a loose calliper, regardless of whether your technician touched it or not?

Sam is a credit to your business and in all of this is the only one who has behaved like a professional, he admitted his mistake and apologised several times which was appreciated greatly.

Whilst I appreciate social media is not the correct way to rectify any issues I feel that your response was designed to show Christopher in a bad light and protect yourselves. Nothing about your response has shown that you are in fact the company you are claiming to be, and this belief has been reinforced by the fact your colleagues refused to talk to Christopher.

I shall leave you with the final thought that whilst mistakes happen, it is how you deal with the mistake that is what makes good customer service

Regards

Sarah

Stop it this thread is going knowhere now you bring Gav into the ring you can't lay blame with anybody unless there is proof sounds like so many people have touched your car it wound be unfair to blame oakmere

Stop it this thread is going knowhere now you bring Gav into the ring you can't lay blame with anybody unless there is proof sounds like so many people have touched your car it wound be unfair to blame oakmere

You have a pm.

I did not bring Gav into anything as I am EXTREMELY happy with the work he carried out and if you read the post properly I have said this. In future my car will be going to Gav for all work required as he can be trusted.

I am probably going to be a little controversial here.....but......

There are two reasons I feel this thread should continue.....

1) The main posts from both Jonathan at Oakmere Lotus and Sarah are posts that are well written and posted by two people of some education ( IMO and not being facetious ) which put very clearly two opinions forward for forum members to digest and form their own conclusions.

2) It is far more interesting than what brake pads do you use and what tyre pressures are you running.

Mark

Mark, sorry i have to disagree but thats what forums are for  :)   . There are too many people and variables involved in this for a satisfactory outcome IMO. The people involved have put their side of the story. I cant see anything being added that would help further. Thats my personal opinion as me and not as a moderator.

There is very little moderation on MLOC and long may this continue. if the people involved wish to carry on thats up to them as long as it remains civil and factual again all just my opinion    :)

Mark, sorry i have to disagree but thats what forums are for  smile.png   . There are too many people and variables involved in this for a satisfactory outcome IMO. The people involved have put their side of the story. I cant see anything being added that would help further. Thats my personal opinion as me and not as a moderator.

There is very little moderation on MLOC and long may this continue. if the people involved wish to carry on thats up to them as long as it remains civil and factual again all just my opinion    smile.png

Martin

No problem with you disagreeing, as you say that's what forums are for!

In reality if Jonathan at Oakmere is to be taken at his word he won't be posting again with regard to this particular thread, so it will fizzle out on it's own anyway I suspect. What I was getting at with my comment was the potential for this thread to be terminated which I think would be a shame as people are entitled to comment on all aspects of this thread whether it is considered as 'mud slinging' or not.

The one thing you can not get away from is that BOTH parties have posted on a PUBLIC forum, which means it is fair game for comments of all types IMO!

Anyway Martin, changing the subject.....isn't it your round??

Mark

Coming back to the original thread subject, I have spent an hour this morning checking callipers and fitting the anti rattle buffer pads.  I'm happy to say both front callipers were torqued as I would expect them to be.  I've been for a short test drive, around 18 miles in fairly wet conditions, and it seems that the buffer pads have cured the knocking.  Hopefully this is the solution but I wouldn't be prepared to say categorically until I've been for a hard drive of decent mileage. 

There is a thread on Seloc about competition pads (entitled that's me done with CL5+) and these pads failing.  Even pagids it seems. 

Right bag of worms if you ask me.  You pays your money and takes ya chance!  

I've never had a problem with them (tempting fate I know), neither have they ever squealed or rattled .... wouldn't mind the odd squeal (and I've tried to get a squeal out of them).  Anyway, even so, I think I'll put putting CL5+ back on this month unless someone can convince me otherwise. I love the initial bite, Performance (road & TD), longevity, they are easy on my split disks, and not too bad dust wise. 

Just hope they don't fail / fall off on me now I've said that lol. 

Edit - always fitted buffer pads, sometimes re-used old ones.

I don't have much experience at all of upgraded brake pads, only ever used factory fit or Pagid RS14's. The Pagid's are far and away better than the pads the car came with. Lots of bite and easy to modulate once I got used to them. They do seem to need heat to work well though.

Archived