litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Central Locking Module Failure

R.I.B.

So the next thing to fail is my Central Locking. Luckily they've managed to stick in the unlocked position. After a few searches it looks like it's the central locking module at around £35 quid (from the threads I've found on seloc) but searching on elise parts and deroure it's more like £68+vat! Am I missing something or have lotus decided to ram the price up because it's another "common failure" and they want to cash in?
Fingers crossed it's the last thing to fail on my car for a while as it's been going through a rough patch at the moment lol.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know, I know, I should of just bought a basic elise with all those manual levers, handles, winders etc!

I think i'm not that far from replacing all these failing "modules" anyway and this one looks a hell of a lot easier than the fan speed module thingy ma bobby. Was just hoping it was more of a £30 fix as some of these older threads suggest but it looks like a £70 fix. (robbing bar stewards)

How much did you pay Chris?

Yeap prices have been jacked right up for £80 plus delivery!!!! arrggggh

People have been suggesting prices of £35 ish on seloc and even the wiki says they got one for £38..

http://wiki.seloc.org/a/Central_Locking_Module_Replacement

Feel like i'm going to be shafted for a cheapo part

I paid around £70 when I had to replace mine 2 years ago. I didn't bother removing the old one, just put the new one along side. Be warned though, your hand will get shredded to bits on the razor sharp plastic around the air vent hole.

I'm not too fussed about doing the job, i'm, more ****** off about the price they want to charge for a cheapo module that's going to be just a GM part or a bosch part made for a few quid and no doubt made by 5 year olds in a chinese factory. I'm going to try and locate the part not from lotus when I get chance to do some detective work. I noticed it's exactly the same part no. in the VX220's that fail, so my guess is that it's just a GM part.

It looks like it is the same module as used on a SAAB & several older vauxhalls.

I've traced it down to this model...

KIEKERT

GM 90457682 PA

or labelled up on SAABs as:

SAAB

4710 257

4050 5437

I've ordered one for £10 from ebay. I thought it was worth the risk, i'll strip it down to compare with the one in my car before I actually plug it in to be on the safe side :).

Archived