litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Exige Suspension Upgrade

Ian C

John at JSR will give you an unbiased opinion on both Nitron and Ohlins, this does depend on how deep your pockets are as to what you might buy, what I can say is that you will not be dissapointed with any choice from the cheapest Nitron to the most expensive Ohlin

I run 40mm nitron 1 way trackday pro as that is what my budget dictated, do I really think I am a good enough driver to notice a 46mm 3 way Ohlin, no, do I want them, yes, could I set them up and use them, not without a steep learning curve and I would suggest a load a trackdays I would struggle at.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having finally decided to go for the upgrade I've just called John at JSR and it seems they have closed their workshop. They are now doing "some" remote work only, if you have the garage space :(

ian you could try ringing Tollbar Racing at Darley Dale. Ask for Michael and tell him you are a mate of mine (Dean Bower). If he's not busy he might fit you springs and dampers. He also supplied my nitrons for the old vx. He will do the geo and set the corner weights and anything else you want doing like fitting racl riser plates, uprated toe links, adjustable arb and drop link and so on. I don't know what he charges but you would no doubt ask him. He has always been fair with me though.

Having finally decided to go for the upgrade I've just called John at JSR and it seems they have closed their workshop. They are now doing "some" remote work only, if you have the garage space sad.png

John is moving house and told me they would be without a workshop for 6-12 months (I think). As you say he will do work at other locations if there is garage space.

Archived