litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Car Parking/storage Options?

the DustRoom

I'm losing my garage for the Elise so my options are find a secure parking space in Sheffield or put the car into storage.

I really don't want to leave my car parked on the road.

Parking spaces seem to run from £60+ pcm but I've been quoted £98pcm to store it, fully insured in a heated warehouse (that just stores cars and some fine sexy numbers at that) with battery top-up and cover etc.

Any other options I could consider?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry to see you are having to look at storage / garage rental.

IMO if you store it you are less likely to actually use it, unless its real close by, some of the best drives can be when you just grab the keys and go, rather than plan etc. so i'd consider how easy / close each option is.

also whilst not extorionate its still £60-£100 .

i used to park my car in central birmimgham via an ncp contract parking for £60 pcm on a deal i arranged by calling them direct.

it was open 24 hrs,had barrier entrance/exit but not secured as such. and obviously no battery top up option and car was at mercy of other users. im not suggesting this as elise option but just as a comparision of costs .

hth

richbk

I used to live in Crookes and had left the car on the road (daily drive) for 3 years until I moved on the otherside on MLOC territory.

speak with Sarah and Mike, they might be able to advise.

The storage place is about 5 minutes up the road; it's open during the week but closed at weekends which isn't too much of a problem as I hardly drive it at the weekend unless there's a meet planned in advance.

There's no penalty for going and taking it out or anything like that; I've thought about just parking it on the road but the number of times I've seen other motorists use their bumpers to park scares the hell out of me; as does the fact that my reverse parking sensors in my Jag couldn't see the front of the Elise.

I've looked at parking spaces but they're all £60-100 anyway so the extra insurance and peace of mind may well be worth the £100pcm price tag?

I might pop down today and have a proper chat with them.

I use to rent a garage off Nottingham city Council for peanuts. I am sure it was no more than £30 a month but this was five years ago.

You could try calling a Sheffield city council housing office and see if there is a garage list.

Archived