litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Blinking Parking Brake Light?

dss123

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anybody have any idea why the handbrake light (on the stack display) should blink at me sometimes under heavy cornering?

I had a very similar problem, which got worse and worse until the light never went out.

After much investigation I found it to be the switch in the seat belt clip attached to the seat - I resolved the problem by spraying inside the holder with WD40.

After spraying - the next day all was well again - and the seat belt clicked in a lot smoother :blink:

Hi guys,

Anybody have any idea why the handbrake light (on the stack display) should blink at me sometimes under heavy cornering?

Dunc

A possible explanation is that 'play' in the handbrake is allowing it to move sideways under your heavy cornering (wow!), making it move off the switch that senses that the handbrake down.

It's a v simple circuit. You can see the switch under the handbrake (if S1's are like S2's). Press the switch - light goes out, let go, light comes on...

Bend the switch lever to make sure it's nicely under the middle of it. (Make sure the handbrake is not coming lose first!)

HTH

Stevie

Thanks Guys,

A few things to check.

I've got harnesses so can't be seatbelt clip and have recently bled brakes so reservoir should be fully topped up.

Dodgy switch sounds likely, although it seems odd that it only does it while cornering.

Better check the fluid as well as I guess low level combined with a bit of "sloshing" while cornering might make the brake warning light blink?

Cheers

Dunc

That's the one Beefy,

Very quick blinking, in left-handers.

I'll check the fluid level tonight.

Cheers again guys.

Dunc

mine flashes the handbrake light when selecting 3rd and 5th

Archived