litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

4-2-1 Manifold

spike

any recomendations? worth getting it sorted? i need an exhaust down pipe and was thinking of upgrading to a 4-2-1 manifold - only mod on the car so far is a janspeed zorst. i know janspeed do the manifold as well, o, and i'm thinking about de-catting it too..

many thanks...

spike :P

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I replaced my broken flexi with one on my Elise, not a huge difference in driving IMHO but it gets rid of the annoying buzz!

The flexi part is seperate and so can be changed easily in the future if needed.

Decatting is a must if you want it loud :P

The EBD manifold is meant to be the best for performance but it has no flexi section in it so you have to get an engine steady bar and I've heard some needed to cut a hole in the undertray to fit it in.

just been reading the other thread about manifolds, i should have read that first lol don't fancy cutting a hole in the undertray... anyone any experience with others?

Eliseparts said not to bother with the steady bar for mine - strange as they sell them - even when they were told what power I'm running !

Cutting the undertray is easy - it's only aluminium.

Mine's EBD - decat - Janspeed and it's not as noisy as Sonya's (standard manifold, Eliseparts flexi, decat and Janspeed). Not sure why though.

Do it do it do it.

Changed to the Janspeed on mine when the flexi went. It's not cheap but it makes a lot of difference on a std car - a lot more pull at low speeds, better throttle response... more noise too :P

I didn't need any mods to my undertray either.

Welcome to try my car if you want Spike....

If your gonna spend the money on a 4 2 1 manifold you need to decide which one is best for your engine. The solid one piece ones are best if your after as much power torque as possible, and are planning head work.

Piper/janspeed sell ones which have a flexi section not much difference i dont think in performance above a solid one if your engine is pretty standard. These cost around £420. But for that you may as well get a solid one from EBD and an engine steady bar for roughly the same price. steady bar being a good mod on its own imo. Best of both worlds, easier to fit and the best overall on performance. :P

Daz

Archived