Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

New Car(not)

Jonathan E

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep,

Tis a black badge.Sick of buying coloured ones that fade,crack,chip or get stolen,so I thought I'd try a black one and see if it lasts a little longer,and yes I read the post on here about the black badge etc,but I like it.

Regards

Jon

I should have said:

Many Thanks to Dave Guy for the use of his garage and the pics(which I knackered trying to get on here),and also many thanks to Stephen M(of Bcbbs fame) for top paint job and excellent service,I will never visit a Lotus paint shop again.

Regards

Jon

Alasdair,

You can get the badge off without removing the clam(I'm assuming you have an S1) You just have to be very very careful with a hacksaw blade,make sure you get something under both ends of the blade and cut away,Although if your anything like me its best left to the experts.I've seen it done but wouldn't attempt it myself,of course you could have a word with your local chavs,they seem to be able to get them off in no time at all :P

Regards

Jon

Jon,

Re the badge removal - if I do manage to get mine off, don't the replacements need bolting on from the back ? (the yellow replacement I bought does)..

Cheers for the reply :P

You can bolt it on,tbh I just use the badge adhesive spongey stuff from Halfrauds,had a bad experience with my S1 after someone took a screwdriver to the badge thinking they could get it off....they didn't, but they did make a hell of a mess of the paintwork,its cheaper to let the thieving scumbags have the damn thing......sadly.

hth

Regards

Jon

ps Darren,hangar 111 for the badge,I ordered it and it arrived the next morning,about 50 snots though iirc.

Archived