litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Front Clam Respray

DunkHSP

Toying with the idea of a front clam repray after an unfortunate incident with a paint flake coming away mysteriously. Bit of a contentious issue with Storm (who I bought it from) or whatever they are called now as I think its a prior repair gone wrong. Peter from Chipsaway did a stellar job but its still not right.

Anyway I'm in Leicester and know of a few places but wondered if anyone has had a repsray and more importantly how much it set them back (I know I'm going to have to start saving).

Cheers

:)

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Dunk

Just got mine done at Pauls Motor Body Repairs in Barwell.

Did a good job, took a week £400.

Ring: 01455 846849

Goose Lane, Barwell, Leicester, Leicestershire LE9 8DH

They do work for Noble and Ultima so have experience with GRP.

Your bodywork would have been done by Harlaquin motors if it was done through storm.

They repaired my rear clam last year and did an ok job on the paint but found their customer service and other repairs appalling

Sounds pretty good to me Ladders, was expecting a bit more. I know its along shot but did they offer a courtesy car? I use mine daily for work and back.

Storm annoy me. If they know you're not going to be buying a car every five minutes they don't seem to give a shit. I was hoping maybe for a 50/50 on the repair, goodwill and all that, but no, chipsaway card (not even Peter's) and away you go sir. Peter from Chipsaway even thought it may be a paint defect. I'm undecided as to whether or not I go back down to Storm and kick up a fuss, don't know if I can do it without sparking someone.

Might be able to stretch to £400 quid tho', maybe leave it till after winter though, get in looking nice for the sun again!

Cheers Ladders.

Dave was that just a nose job or the whole front clam?

I payed £600 for Hallcraft to spray my whole front clam (+blending into doors). Excellent job, very friendly people.

They're in Cradley Heath tho, so a bit further to travel! They do offer courtesy cars though.

Edit for website - http://www.hallcraft.co.uk/

Matt

That was to spray the whole of the front clam and bonnet, although I did strip it off and deliver myself.

They were going to blend it to the wheelarches so you didnt notice a change in colour, but did they did the whole lot in the end and it looks fine :)

They also resprayed your car Matt! :)

Dunk, Parkers motors on Scudemore road did a good job on the the rear clam of the black elise i saw in there. Think that one was Peters (black swan?). They mostly do insurance work so not sure how they'll fair price-wise. Taking the clam off yourself like ladders did should save a few quid in labour. As long as they mask the car up well though, the front clam could stay on. Just take the headlights out, don't worry about the indicators though....apparently they pop themselves out from time to time! :)

Rus

Oh yeah heres the jelly phone number: 01162 324999 :)

Archived