28th - 30th June 2024

Emma In Accident

Steve J

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those without access or too lazy:

My car has gone to its grave

Just thought I'd post to let you know that unfortunately another Type 49 has succumb to the crash barrier on the motorway.

Late last night driving home in the pouring rain on a lonely dark motorway I came upon a river of water travelling diagonally across both lanes and found myself aquaplaining and then spinning towards the central reservation. I was just a passenger as far as the car was concerned at that point. The front left hit the barrier, then the back hit and the next thing I know I was on the side of the road and then realised I was facing the wrong way. Luckily my training paid off in that I knew what to do to in a spin, but I don't think I had any chance of recovering this one. After I'd stopped and when my though process was working I scrambled round to find my phone in the debris that was flung round the car. Then luckily a car stopped and they got me to call the police as I didn't really know what I was doing. Next I called Andy but no reply. Police arrived after about 30 mins by which point I was drenched and still a bit clueless. They closed the motorway briefly and eventually the car (what was left of it) was recovered. Unfortuantely my bag that was in the boot is lost forever - no idea where that's gone. Police searched for it but no luck, there were bits of the car everywhere so the bag could be in any direction really. Once again I think it's a credit to Lotus that I walked away as the car is a bit of a mess (the reason I lost my bag was cos there's no rear on the car anymore).

Thank goodness Walshy saw the missed call. He was able to talk to the police and find out where I was and what was happening, and then did the long journey back to collect me from wherever I was in the middle of nowhere.

As the adrenelin wore off the pains began. A+E diagnosed concussion and whiplash and I've got some lumps and bruises aswell. So if I'm not sounding like I'm all there, that's why.

Just wanted to say thanks to the well wishers, and a massive thank you to Andy for looking after me and getting me to hospital, taking me to collect my bag etc from the car, getting me safely through the long journey home and for being there for me. Apologies to the people he didn't train today - I really am sorry. If I could turn back the clock I really would choose not to have crashed, and I think my head would be happier if I hadn't bruised it too. Sorry to my poor car aswell. May you rest in peace.

Ouch :wacko: At least she is ok thats the main thing!

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I was only admiring the car a week or so ago...

She's Ok though (ish) and that's by far the most important thing. Elises don;t like standing watre do they?

She was groggy and not exactly with it when i spoke to her yesterday... nothing too serious, as she said concussion, whiplash and some bruises.

Testament to the strength of the little brutes though, i'm sure we all remember Twink doing very similar in his S2 Type 49... that came away very well considering impact and speed.

bad luck on that one.  hope you feel better and it doesn't put u off getting another one.

its just one of those things.

If everyone walks away from any accident okay then it doesn't matter a jot.

Cars can be replaced. Lives and limbs can't.

Hope you are fully recovered soon and back behind the wheel.

Gaz

Archived