litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Vx220 Parked Into The Tyre Wall

WHOOSH

Done my first trackday on Friday at Donnington Park :D .It was fantastic and a must for everyone, the sence of grip is out of this world especially when you see a VX220 following you through Craner Curves and then a swift exit through the gravel trap and into the tyre wall :D:clap::P:D . His face was a picture when they bought his car back on the recovery vehicle :(:( . The only downside was that he wasted 30mins of my tracktime.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe its just me, but I fail to see the funny side about someone sticking (what is probably) their pride and joy into a tyrewall on a trackday...

Even if it is a Vauxhall...

I agree, Matty.

However, it is satisfying to see someone trying to stay on your tail fail to do so - as long as it's harmless and inexpensive.

Sorry, I should have put a smiley/wink after the Vauxhall bit, I did meant that as a joke. Although I'm not quite sure about the "jealousy" bit, I'm not sure I've got anything to be jealous about.

And what do you mean, Bob?

FFS Everyone chill out a bit.

Matty I meant exactly what I posted - a query as to who was the driver and was it you.

Your reaction was so very to the point I wandered if you had a VX now or was driving it.

Quite simple really Matty, can we all put our toys nicely back in their individual prams now please ?

And Barney I did say to you that you would get grief about the anti VX/Vauxhall thing on our first post.

I'm taking offence at that in more than one way Bob :P

I have no problems with VX220's, I'm even trying to get my mate to buy one, my original post was meant as a bit of a jibe but I missed out the smiley.

TBH I can't help to think of a vx as just a re-badged lotus.

That of course is just my opinion :D

I would not like to think that if the roles were reversed that someone would be saying that the elise following gave him a laugh when it span out into a tyre wall :P

A harmless bit of grass tracking is a different matter :P

How many of you know Mark (Whooshy) I think the agro on this thread has gone a little too far away from a simple jolly good day out, with a bit of an off track for a VX owner.

FFS - nothing was funnier that Graeme and Scott piling in to the Gravel at Mallory in November.

Especialy as Scott got out P1ssing himself laughing.

When Graeme fired up on Sunday after lunch, think I heard a few boulders still rolling around the insdie of his sills !

Calm down, it's only a Forum !

Archived