litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lucas 43dm4 Distributor Illustration

Tango190

Its the dizzy on the Lotus Eclat Excel.

Has a sort of Lumenition type jobby on it, Lucas AB14 amplifier module.

Need a Haynes style illustration of the way the dizzy is rebuilt.

Can I find one on the net, Nope !

Anyone, Elaine, has Reg's dad got a workshop manual for the SE ?

Bob

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Picture please Bob

Steveo, its the dizzy not the amp bit - type is

Lucas 43DM4 >>----> 0683

No vacum advance

Stamped 41946B

The 43 is used all over the place, but this bastard has a completely round shaft at the top end, so no 4 lobe cam just the reluctor ring.

If you have a schematic come illustration, I'll cancel the 24p you owe MLOC :blush:

Bob, i work for the old Lucas. How odd. I will take the numbers down and ask at work. No promises mind  :blush:

Shit Martin, I worked for Car Lighting Services (Lucas refurbs) in Moseley as an Auto Electrician years ago.

Now this could be MLOC making history if you can get the data ....

:( I dont drive quick enough.

Bob, ive spoken to the production engineer at work. He actually worked on the setting up of the production of the dizzy. He seems a bit dubious but he said he will do all he can. If this man cant help, no one can im afraid. I will keep you posted :lol:

Sorry Bob, My dad only has a service parts list, it doesn't show the distributor in bits, only as a complete thing. :lol:

:(  I dont drive quick enough.

Bob, ive spoken to the production engineer at work. He actually worked on the setting up of the production of the dizzy. He seems a bit dubious but he said he will do all he can. If this man cant help, no one can im afraid. I will keep you posted  :lol:

Fingers etc crossed then Martin :D

Bob, i spoke to the engineer again today. No luck so far, he thinks they all went when they shut the factory in town. He will keep trying though.  :D

Hi Martin, I've got a replacement, picking it up on Saturday, but the schematic/illustration would be superb to rebuild the old one back as a spare.

Even the boys on the Eclat/Excel website are saying it's going to be hard to find a drawing.

Seems odd its not in the Workshop manual for the Excel ?

Please try him again, just don't cheese him off, I can get going again with the replacement dizzy at £30 from www.lotusbits.com near Coventry. :drive:

Bob

Bob, i was fairly sure we would have a engineering drawing. The trouble is they where not made at Shaftmore lane. I think it was either Hampton street or Chester street. Now both gone. I will keep him at it mind.

Archived