litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Chasing Dan's Stealth Machine

TheRon

This is from yesterday at Cadwell Park:

It's uploaded but the quality is a bit low at the moment. It is in HD so it should be a lot better once YouTube finishes processing it:

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny you should say that Martin, I was only saying yesterday that i'm still not happy with the setup of my car....its still not pointy enough for me.

I've got an uprated adjustable anti roll bar, which is currently set on the second softest setting (of 5) but i'm still getting mid corner understeer. I think even on its softest setting it would be too stiff for me as its a thicker bar than standard as it is.

You'll notice that i'm pretty easy on the brakes as well, I had a strange phenomenon going on in the car, if I pressed the brakes lightly they worked fine but as soon as I really stood on them they worked less and less. It felt as if the bias was shifting towards the rear the harder I got on the pedal. It was a bit disconcerting in my first session but afterwards I realised I could continue if I didn't brake very hard. Hence Tim making up loads of ground on the brakes.

Archived