litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Petrol Level

ALCHBY

How far can you let the Petrol go down it say's refill at 11Litres can it got down much further, does it depend on the Car.

I've had it down to 11litres and drove it for about another 2-3 Litres.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have driven another 50 - 60 miles Round town once mine says refill, and then filled her back up with 36 Litres so you do have a fair bit of leeway (sp?)

I beleive and im sure the Gay side of Mloc will confirm this that the S2 refill level was changed to 5 litres.

I always fill up immeadiately, but have driven 30 miles on refill, scarey!!

One shouldn't drain a tank anyhow, all the crap is floating in the bottom and one wouldnt want that running through the engine, or so I have been told.

When the fuel level falls below 11 litres the gauge should read refill and if not it isn't working properly. As for the mileage you can cover from the refill point on the gauge, I wouldn't recommend any more than 50 because i've tried to push it beyond before twice and ground to a halt. Broken down Lotus = laugh for everyone except Lotus owner!

TBH tho i dont use the refill as an indicator as a lot of people have stated the reading can vary so much., I use miles travelled, when i get to about 220 ish then i refill whatever the dispaly is saying.

220 is round town miles if i have done a lot of Mway driving i usually fill up after 240 ish

You've got to know "your" car.They're all different.I could get 50 miles out of my first S1 on refill,Imagine my joy when I tried it on my second one and ran out of fuel after 8 miles.The stacks good for speed and revs but for fuel levels its pants.

I have an idiot light now,which makes sense ;)

Regards

Jon

yup. as wuddie says. know your mileage. i've always maxed at 240 miles on my vvc's - 30% leeway on enthusiastic/boring driving..which is great realy !

never rely on the stack..tho i usually estimate that REFILL is good for about 40 miles of casual driving..having ran out once or twice.

I always reset the trip counter the first time I see refill. Never pushed it past 40 miles after that.

If you don't use your car every day at least that reminds you when you need to limp to the nearest Optimax pump !!

Has been proven to keep your engine nice and clean tho !

Maybe my imagination but does seen to run sweeter on Optimax, on the other hand that may just be me trying to justify the extra expense....

What the hell, don't use that much anyway so I'll just keep spoiling her.

:clap:

LOL, the infamous Optimax debate... mine runs smoother on it, i get slightly better MPG and it does clean your engine :clap:

Others have stated the opposite...

I also seem to get even better mileage from BP Ultimate, but get PlusPoints for using Shell :(

Archived