litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Decent Repair Place In Leics

Daniel

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Assessor just called me. Basically Nick Whale/CCCCC is out of the question, way too expensive apparently.

So I gave him Hallcrafts details and I'll wait and see what he has to say. Another thing he did mention was the back wheel. Obvioulsy the alloy is no good, and it's an Early S1 so they can't be bought any more. He was on about sourcing a 2nd hand one etc, but what's the deal on this, does anyone know? I don't think i could really expect them to fork out for 4 new matching ones.

Anyhow I am just going to give it a while for the insurance company to get back to me now. Any more tips on what to say as he's still pushing for his own/approved guys to do the repair.

Err, who are you insured with. Thats rubbish, if you can't get one that matches then you can fight away to get new ones - i believe that is what happened with Dobbo - he got Victory rims out of it.

As for cost, bollocks to them, it goes where you want - you have the right to choose where it goes. At this rate i'd get it to Sinclaires and really piss them off!!!

Make sure you get it took to where you want it repairing, it's your rights!

When I had my smash, I was in the middle of sorting out taking mine to Sinclairs, EGG took my car away without my consent to another place!

The last thing you want is joe bloggs repair company doing their best on a car design they know nothing about :D

A couple of years ago after a prang in my scooby, i let the insurance specify the repairer. The job was completed....

About 10 days after i had got the car back i noticed a bit of excess wear on the inside edge of one front tyre. I took the car back to them and they checked it and said it was fine. I said no its not, so they agreed to book me into a local "specalist" who set up the tracking for them.

I took the car to the specalist the following day... and their verdict.... nothing wrong.

I still insisted that there was excess wear in the one tyre so they grudgingly said alright take it too a subaru garage and let them check it. If they find nothing wrong, then i would have to pay for the cost of the geomety check.

Guess what they found...... a bent suspension arm!!!

Anyway, glad to hear that the ball is rolling on the repair front.

Now where's that national accident helpline number.

Only kidding :D

It's amazing how many people get crap service from garages!

It's probably only now in the days of t'internet that people get to hear all these horror stories.

I asked a local garage that has a good rep to do my tracking. Charged me about 40 quid to do it. About 4 months later my front tyres had worn to the canvas on the insides with hardly any wear on the outside!

I then took the car to Horizon for a new set of tyres and a geo, he had to blow torch the Track Rod Ends to adjust them. So the garage that did my tracking obviously hadnt touched it!

Cool, I'll bear that in mind.  I'n insured on a limited mileage policy by Adrian Flux / Link Insurance.

whynot give ccccc a call & see if they can help?, may even get you a free hire car as it is a non fualt accident! & dont let the assessor push you around demand that it goes to a lotus factory approved repairer.

Cool, I'll bear that in mind.  I'n insured on a limited mileage policy by Adrian Flux / Link Insurance.

whynot give ccccc a call & see if they can help?, may even get you a free hire car as it is a non fualt accident! & dont let the assessor push you around demand that it goes to a lotus factory approved repairer.

I think Dan was at fault in this... not sure, but it certainly changes the hire car side of things.

Yeah best of luck mate, sounds like your onto a winner. Take the insurance company for as much as they've got and more. HMMMMM Victories,LSS etc :D:(

Can't wait to hear how you get on, might even try it myself if they upgrade your car for you. :P

Joking aside, hope it all gets sorted just the way you want it. :D

I have currently got my S2 will Clive Tallis in Hinckley, doing a great job and very good value for money! Basically repaired every body panel and respraying the lot in ICE BLUE. If you are spending you own money do not think you will get better deal, I tried!

Regards Nick

Archived