litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Decent Repair Place In Leics

Daniel

Well, Hallcraft phoned me today, apparently the insurers are moaning about the cost, but he's hoping to get approval soon to start fixing it.

New door, new sill, new rear hub assembly, new wheel, new shock and now a new back clam too since the old one is cracked. Labour alone is just short of £2k, so goodness knows what the parts cost. Come on insurance people, I want my baby back for the sun!!!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just spoke to insurance! They've approved the repair, yippee!!! Now lets see how long it takes.

If 2 wheels had been damaged they would have given me a new set, but as it's only one, then they're going to source me a 2nd hand rear one as it's the early type. Eliseparts probably.

Also gonna get S2 suspension put on at the same time by them/horizon cos it saves on a geo which would need to be done anyway.

It'll be like new when it returns. :D

:D

On a serious note though, it was mentioned that it may be damaged. Have to wait and see I guess. Not too worried about it to be honest, as long as it comes back nice and shiney. I hope they get a new armourfend bit for the back wheel.

Archived