litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Well, Err... Shit.

Scott_Mac

Bad luck Scott..... at least you will get rid of that lazy left eye now :D

May be get a front number plate too! :)

Looks like an insurance job unless HallCraft come up trumps.

Even buying a used clam its still got to be resprayed... fitted..new lamps and mountings etc..etc.

Let the insurance take the strain and get a top job done you'll feel better then :unsure:

See you tomorrow for sob stories :P

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers folks have already contacted all those mentioned above (freaky) thanks for looking though guys...

Really have no idea Bob, don't think i can really blame anyone but me... maybe the brakes weren't quite perfect, but i should've spotted the cars were stationary, but had very little time to see this.

Not gonna beat myself up over it... 99% its going through the insurance, as Dave says, even if i find a clam after a respray, fitting etc... i reckon we're still taking £1500 - £2k... not worth it, especially as her BMW rear bumper ain't gonna be cheap!

Some tart in a Cavalier came very very close to arse crunching the Tivver this AM.

Scott, take some consolidation by the fact that our "RUNS" and track days keep you sharp, could have been a lot worse if you were not fully wakey wakey :)

Ouch :) Sorry to hear it mate...not having much luck at the moment.

Hallcraft will be able to repair that. I can guarantee it. £500...£600 tops. If Nick says he can't repair it, I'll give you £5 of my own money.

Hard luck Scott - BTSIDI...

IMO no new clam required, but since its going to be an insurance job, owing to the other car, best let the assessor take a look and make the decision for you. If a clam is required, on the bright side, specify a 111s clam and get the OEM headlamp covers (smoother fitting than the ones retro-fitted to std clam).

At least it's still driveable while you wait for a slot. Had mine off the road for 2 1/2 months while they got their A into G.

Scott,

Same sentiments as above - you're fine, even if your pride is a little bruised.

When I had an accident a few years ago I really beat myself up about it. You know, the "if only I hadn't taken that phonecall I would have been there 30 seconds earlier", etc, etc.

Feel for you. :)

Fiona

Oh dear. Sorry mate. :) Hopefully the BM driver will be OK with you. Maybe you could avoid insurance.

I'm no expert but it doesn't look that bad from the photos. When i had a bump last year i was expecting a new clam but even Peter Smith said it was repairable!! Might not be as bad as you think tho!!

Hope it all works out OK!!

Just been to see Nick at Hallcraft.... he doesn't reckon its repairable, its pushed the whole front end "in and up"

Also on examination, the crash structure seems to have gone aswell, a small crack can be seen on it inside the front bonnet by the pax headlight.

So its an insurance job, hey ho... get all the stone chips gone, niggles sorted etc. Still pissed off.

Cheers though folks. As Graeme says it is still driveable so not too bad.

Echo all above replies, am really sorry too mate. At least you're gonna get a mint front end when its all finished. Time to claw back all that insurance that's been paid out over the years!.

Take it easy.

Chris

Archived