litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

S1 Vs 993tt

Ruxpin

Took my mate to pick his porsche 993TT up from being serviced/upgraded at the weekend.

He'd had new sports suspension fitted so we went for a good blast in the two cars to test it out. ;)

I don't tend to push too hard on the public road but at sensible b road speeds there really wasn't much in it. And it wasn't as if he wasn't trying - a second gear 4 wheel wheelspin out of a slow corner and tarmac being thrown at me gave that away.

Having been a passenger in the porsche at bruntingthorpe i knew that it was very fast down the straight (174mph) but it also handles very well and the traction from the 4 wheel drive is amasing. But on real roads it really didn't make much difference as i thought it would/should.

The only place he could pull away significantly was accelerating on motorway slip roads.

Before the drive i expected to be left for dead but i have to say the elise amazed me - just goes to show how good a little car it is. The perfect balance of power/weight/handling/grip etc... for b road use

I definately don't feel the need to upgrade just yet....

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

now this might sound out of place, but a nova had a go with me the other day and nearly left me very red faced, :(, i left him going over the roundabout but hell it had some acceleration and soon caught me and i,m sure if road was longer he would have passed me.

Ok i,m guessing the car was a 1.6 GTE, more like 2.0ltr ot 2.0ltr turbo conversion, but i bet he was impressed that he kept up with me. ;)

956 was nice (I think)

Karmann do a replica called a Chesil Speedster.

Very James Dean. Very Cool  :)

You mean the 356 Speedster. Still cool today. Chesil can build one for you for about 20K, but its mainly for cruising rather than serious driving. Check them out on http://www.chesil.co.uk/

Bis.

Archived