litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

To Stripe Or Not To Stripe? That Is The Question.

Snapper

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've also been wondering about adding some black viper style stripes on the car but not all the way over, was thinking of blending them into the rear window.

Tried the photoshop idea (I'm not very good, see below) and thought it looked okay but still wasn't sure.

A roll of black gaffa tape later and I decided it was a bad idea, in the flesh it just didn't work.

A roll of tape for a fiver can make the decision a lot easier.

post-38-1108496587_thumb.jpg

and this just looks the dogs... maybe a 2 tone stripe on a blue exige? white and silver? actually, the more i think about it, that would look fantastic... 1 silver stripe, 1 white strip, both edged in black... mmmmm

Well come on then Spikey... lets see it on the blue car then :)

Hi Guys (and Girls). Putting my ChipsAway (PDS) head on I would say that anything is possible but would make the following comments:-

1 - any colour can be mixed, but there are probably only a few that would work for any base colour

2 - would suggest find a small number of possible colours and have a piece of plastic sprayed that colour, stick it on the car for a couple of days and see if you still like it then.

3 - remember there is no such colour as White, Yellow etc in the auto world, everyone has there own mix and often many variations. I could probably show you 100+ whites that are current.

4 - it will be high maintenance down the road. Masking the join when it comes time for the next front end respray.

Any questions just ask always there on [email protected].

Hope to make the 27th so happy to chat over lunch.

Peter

Archived