litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

To Stripe Or Not To Stripe? That Is The Question.

Snapper

OK . I have a Magnetic Blue Exige S2....

I have never realy been into the stripes on cars that run in just a straight line. Looking at old photo most racing stripes went around the mouth/air intake on cars.. (Lotus/Jag/Caterham/Ginetta Etc).

So this is the question, If I was to have a stripe on my car it would be Yellow, a single stripe that went from Front to back & around the front grill, more like older cars...

I have attached a couple of pictures Before and after (The photoshop is a bit rubbish, but was done in only a couple of mins, but should give you an idea of what I am on about.

I would have thought that it would be cheaper touching in the stone chips in the yellow or having the front yellow resprayed...

It would also mean that my car was more of a one off... Not sure this is a good or bad thing...

I saw a Ginetta G4 which had this sort of stripe and it looked great.... But is the S2 Exige to new to carry this off???

What do you think?????????

post-152-1108468163.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And with Strip..

If I had a Racing Green Exige I know that I would have it done because it would be traditional Lotus..... Lots of Caterhams are in this colour and style because of the Lotus connection but never seen an S2 Exige or Elise like it....

post-152-1108468227.jpg

What's wrong with white? :clap:

So are you saying you'd spray the front yellow and use vinyl for the rest? :P

I'd chose one or the other.

Spraying is a huge operation, and one you obviously can't decide to take off with a hairdryer when you're bored with it like you can with vinyl. Obviously you need the clams off for the respray and I believe Lotus sprayed the one at the NEC before the final gelcoat.

You couldn't achieve that look with vinyl, tho.

Stripes ARE GREAT!

But white is best on blue (GO FIONA!)

Viper stripes are best (GO FIONA!)

Whilst that green and yellow traditonal style pic from Stelvio does actually look OK, IMO, I would think its very hard to pull off and is clearly spoiled by the GJOB spoiler!!!

Get some white vipers!

Sorry, I think it looks absolutely hideous.

Looks wrong on front of clam, like badly applied makeup IMHO.

Front of clam quite complex union of surfaces, and would you want it to cut across the indicator lights.

I think simple stripes are the way to go, and really like those on Fiona's car.

John :P

i like the idea, but i think including all the vents in the front is the wrong way to go, just the main 'mouth' vent would be enough in my eyes. ill do a couple of moke ups, if that would be ok?

spike :P

My Opinion to the point...

Looks Shit..dont do it!.... I dont really approve of Viper Stripes either TBH (although Fi's looks good).

Just reminds me of all the Maxed Chav Mobiles going round with Viper Stripes on.

I think if you add anything you will detract away from what is already a Fantastic Mean looking car.

Archived