Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

So Who Does Pay The Least In Insurance?

snowman

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bloody good quote Dixie!

I pay £760 (ish) from Eggar Lawson with 4 trackdays, ALL mods decalred.

Aged 25 (26 now, but was 25 when policy taken), 5 yrs NCB, SP30, 1 prang

And another 3 points coming your way :D Seems like yours will be going up Scott

Not if i can help it Graeme, the 3 i already have go in August anyway.. annoyingly 14 days after my renewal!!! :blush:

:tdown:

Hi well in the end i did go with adrian flux.. it was a total of £850 but i am doing it 4 instalments which works out to be £890 total..

22 shropshire post code, 5 yrs NCB, 5 yrs driving

pretty high excess but part from that everyone else was well over the £1200 mark...

Oh and the drive home was excellent! loved it even though after 3 and a half hours i did have a headache from the bumpy m1! and couldnt hear the radio over 60 mph but hey it adds to the charm of the car!

I'm with Bell Direct - I paid £480 last year with £250 excess, fully protected NCB and have myself and my wife on the policy with no points or accidents to declare. I'm hoping to pay about the same this year.

I was with Churchill the year before and paid £950 and had a £650 excess which I thought was far too expensive but couldn't get a better deal.

Derek

38, 9 year/Full NCB, No points, no my fault accidents,

girl friend on policy with no point/accidents etc.

Lotus Driver Training certificate,

Used as a second car for Sc&Dem only (No to & from Work) purely a second car..

Cat 1 Alarm/Imob, removeable Steering Wheel.

Garaged (which is classed as internal/part of the house, told this make a difference) with monitored alarm system and extra padlocked bolts on garaged door.

£1000 with AON for S2 Exige :blush:

I did get some quotes backs from so called competitive companies say I was uninsurable and some quotes as high as £ 3,500.00 :):P

Thanks for the recommendations - just saved approx £100 on my renewal (originally with Adrian Flux) by moving to Eggar Lawson. Also got the 4 trackdays included and went from 10000 miles to unlimited.

Adrian Flux did offer to price match, but couldn't do the trackday cover, so they lost.

I pay just under £300 with Tesco, 12,000miles p.a., commuting, 29yrs old, full NCD, no convictions, garaged, completely std '98 S1 etc. I thought that wasn't too bad (although no track days, breakdown cover or courtesy car).

£454.48 From Footman James including breakdown cover :)

I only have 3 point now, but I have got 9 POINTS! In the last 5 years which insurers still count :wacko:

And I’m 30 :P it is Garaged, has Cat1 alarm/immobiliser, but no track day cover

Disco

Just got the best quote I could from Direct Line on my forthcoming runabout whilst el' beast project awaits its engine !

Mazda 323 Gti worth £200 !!!

25, No NCB, no points, Garaged, 6k miles limit, 3rd party FT, sticks post code

£560 !!!!!!

WTF ??????

My old 323 (K'93) was £800 with 3 yrs NCB at 25. I think it's because Mazdas cost so much to repair and parts for older ones are really hard to get hold of. You should like it though, relatively speaking!

Archived