litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Heart Just Skipped A Beat

malbon

It says in the advertisement that it is a 177bhp with no modifications.

It looks like a beautifull example from the pictures and the price seems pretty good too. When I was looking for an Exige last year I struggled to find a car like this for under 20K!!!

Sell everything you've got and buy it!!!!! :clap:  :D

hmmm

Elise 111s - 13.5k

Pack of Polo Mints - 20p

Clothes on My back

House that I live in.

Still a bit short then :(

...we'll see tho :D

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back in the day :D when I was looking at buying an Exige, I was told by pretty much every owner that I spoke to that one of the *must have* extras was the sports seats and harnesses. IIRC they are rediculously expensive to purchase from Lotus, and I doubt they come up very often privately.

I think the main thing for me would be visibility as you mentioned on the RR day Mark - can see nothing out the rear view and the harnesses stop you from moving to see out of the windows/side mirrors.

Still want one tho :clap: but it would have to be a second car.

What's wrong with yellow? :)

That one at NW is the only other yellow one i've seen since I got mine and is a nice example, the one you mention malbon does look very good for the money though.

Not sure what a difference the extra 13bhp makes as mine's a 190.

Mine is a second car (I would use it for getting to work but it's too low to get over the bollards into the car park ;) ) but the costs so far have been ok, it does about 25-30 to the gallon, even when driven hard. Can't remember what i'm paying for insurance but it's under a grand (30yr old with FPNCB) with Admiral. I've just had some new tyres a couple of weeks ago and swapped from the 39s to the 48s so I could compare them - paid £625 fitted from NW. Not sure about servicing costs as i've not yet had to have one but I don't think it's much worse than a 'normal' elise.

As Beefy says they can bog down a bit when pulling away, but a few revs sorts it out, and they can be a bit 'lumpy' through town etc at lower revs but you soon get used to it. Basically great to drive on all other roads, loads of fun. Still grin like an idot whenever i'm behind the wheel :(

Rear view's not been a problem yet, you get used to using the side mirrors a bit more instead, but harnesses can be a bit of a problem at some junctions.

If you've not driven one, get yourself to NW and take it out - then you'll really want one! :)

think ill have to drive one. tho the low down revs problem is a problem for me as im not convinced by peaky engines. Some one mentioned re-builds on exiges.com which is a slight worry ?

mixed feelings tho im not thinking about it seriously until well after the summer (ie october time !) im getting as much roof down action as possible :lol:

VHPD engine is fragile, as i'm sure you know. But treat it properly (let it warm up etc) and it shouldn't be too bad.

Harnesses and seats i would deffo want if i got one - 340R seats preferably :lol:

I am very tempted by them a lot of the time, but use it every day etc so don't know if its necessarily a great idea... on my website there a couple of video clips from the 1st Lotus day that me, spike and beefcake did, you can hear Mark's car bogging down on the tighter turns - in perspective, on the tight North Weald circuit, Walshy went round as quick in my car as he did in Mark's Exige, mine was a std S1 with exhaust and breathing mods at the time - so with 135 head, 4-2-1 and LSS w/Exige springs now, it should be fun to go back :lol:

CLICKY FOR VIDS

Archived