litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Heart Just Skipped A Beat

malbon

bollocks !

ooops forgot the link dont click me !

these things are slowly slipping into my (no finance) price range. This one is very well priced and the miles are still low.

I know its only a matter of time....

Has anyone got one one here apart from Beefcake? I use my elise as a daily driver and I soon accumulate the mileage (50 miles a day)

What are the running costs like ?

Insurance

Tyres (do you have to run the semi-slicks - that'll be a pair a month then :) )

Fuel (230 miles to the tank a la 111s ? - i doubt it)

Servicing and Consumables

Mark - please say

Insurance - double the price

Tyres - you NEED to run A048 jobbies

Fuel - 110 miles to the tank

Servicing - every 3k miles and a new engine every 10k

:)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Insurance - double the price - Mine is 2k :)

Tyres - I run the 39's not the slickish 48's, get about 6-7k on the rears using them on the road, fronts last a lot longer

Fuel - about 200 miles a tank

Servicing - every 6k miles, only had one engine problem which was hgf, done 21k miles so far in it.

That does look a nice example, the name of the owner also rings a bell for some reason.

50 miles a day is no problem, I do more than that myself.

Love my Exige, only thing I do miss is being able to remove the roof in the summer.

Looks like standard seats/no harnesses and no air con on that one. Standard engine as well. Great colour and looks in good nick as well.

You better not click the link in my signature either :)

What are they like to drive then on the roads ?

I love the fluency and on the boil-power of the 111s. I chased an Exige on a midlands run and he was getting in my way - Im guessing they have a similiar power range to the 160?

Much more of a pain than my 111s when in traffic, not owned a 160 so Mark A can comment on that.

They do chug in the lower revs but once you get them singing they are fine, can get bogged down in the low rev range a bit and not a traffic light racer as they often struggle pulling away unless your rolling.

They are quick when you get going, seem to carry much more speed around corners, straight line speed I dont notice a great deal vs my 111s to be honest.

It says in the advertisement that it is a 177bhp with no modifications.

It looks like a beautifull example from the pictures and the price seems pretty good too. When I was looking for an Exige last year I struggled to find a car like this for under 20K!!!

Sell everything you've got and buy it!!!!! :clap::D

Archived