Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Sympathies To Mr G

Steve J

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'kin hell !!

Thoughts to you mate, from Chris and Sonya. Get back soon - we need more PAX laps...

Fortunately, it sounds like the legal system is not doing badly on this one so far. Hopefully they'll all get what they deserve !

Chris

Holy Cr*p! I don't know the poor chap, but feel for him none the less. What in god's name is this world coming to!?

That says to me that if you're ever in doubt about the intentions of suspicious drivers or pedestrians just burn the hell out of there! I'd even go as far as ignorning red lights if I thought that kind of thing might happen to me! :)

Scum, should be lined up and shot (and I'd happily volunteer to do it..)

Really sorry to hear all this... I know Richard quite well from track days and have met his other half etc. It was this sort of incident becoming more common that was part of my decision to part with my Impreza a few years back... I hope, but am not confident, that this sort of scum get what they deserve.

Richard - get well soon mate, the car can be put right just hope you're OK. Makes my current troubles (Alfa threw the cam belt, having top end rebuild) look like nothing.

Simon.

I read that story at the weekend, how dis-heartening. I had a nova pull up next to me in the s160 pointing at my front wheel in exactly the same way after a late evening at work on a friday night.......... i chose to turn up my stereo (i had a pioneer tube and kenwood speakers, so it was worth it!)..... But it left me wondering..... if i had reacted, i could have been in Mr G's wellies... i felt quite down on Sunday reflecting upon that thought.....

My Focus RS locks the doors when i pull away from standstill now.... not really relevant to this thread, but it makes you feel better when the locks click as you pull away....

JM

My doors are always locked in my car - i open and re-lock the drivers door as i get in and open the pax door from the inside.

It ain't worth the risk - a tad irritating if the door closes with the keys in the ignition though...

My doors are always locked in my car - i open and re-lock the drivers door as i get in and open the pax door from the inside.

It ain't worth the risk - a tad irritating if the door closes with the keys in the ignition though...

You could try leaving the hood off a bit more !

(not wishing to turn this thread into a joke section, though).

Mr G - How are you doing ?

Archived