litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Funny What Can Happen In A Week!

mattyp

Looks like its going to be dry but cold this weekend. So your going to have a very enjoyable weeked.

I had nearly run mine in after the first weekend, as you just don't want to stop driving it. 12500 miles on the clock since July and its not even my main car !!!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Picked the car up yesterday, can't believe how stunning it looks. I am in love! :blush: (Will try to get round to taking a picture today). Also, I asked them not to put any stickers on, and they obliged, so can't complain there.

They must have been able to get it so quick by varying a touring pack order - whilst mine has definately got performance pack seats and harnesses, I've also got alcantara door inserts (which is nice!). No carpet though. Does anyone know where the twin oil coolers are supposed to be so I can check I've definately got them?

Anyway, enjoying cruising about, wish I could give her a proper thrashing, but I will be patient - only another 900 miles to go! :)

Cheers,

Matt

Hi MattyP

Welcome to the Midlands Exige Owners Club !! :)

Hope to see you driving around Derby over the coming weeks. I'm down in Etwall (close to PSSC)

As everyone else has said, take it steady and the tyres are fine. I use the Exige as my main car, and do some long distance / motorway runs. Have had a couple of sticky moments.....but the car soon sorts itself out.

I will always give in before the car does !

I must admit I did use a hairdrier to loosen the PSSC stickers from the back of my car. The biggest annoyance was that they were individual letters and not a strip !!!

Enjoy the Exige, get some pictures on here and see you on the 27th !

Woo Hoo, you lucky man, get the pics up!

Re driving in the rain, I have to say I feel like an old woman, maybe its my S1 with Toyo's but I am always really careful. Extra, extra careful, so that would be my advice, its very easy to spin the wheels in the wet and my car doesn't feel 'really planted'! Saying that I do drive all year round and was foolish enough to have the top off this morning, after a run at the weekend, I had sleet and rain on the way to work, not to mention a red nose! So don't be afraid to drive to work in the snow!

Just be careful! (and get some driver trainning in, if you haven't driven RWD before, it made a big difference for me)

ENJOY!

I live right in the centre of Derby, Duffield Road/Belper Road area. What about you?

in chellaston

And Sonya and I are in Spondon.

Group run to the meet this week ?

Chris

And I'm in West Hallam - and hopefully car will be on road after 25 Feb ;)

Archived