litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Funny What Can Happen In A Week!

mattyp

Well, its all been a bit mad. Some of you may remember giving me some advice re Exige buying back at the start of December, and that I placed an order for one.

I was expecting it to be delivered March/April, but rang Peter Smith's last week to see if they had a delivery date yet, mentioning that I had the money available now. Got a call on Monday to say they could get it to me this week if I wanted it! :):clap::clap:

Guess thats the power of cold hard cash (and the shitty weather probably)! Anyways, after the shock, its all sorted, paid for, insured through Esteem, and I'm picking it up Saturday morning! Black, performance pack, air con, and stage 1 exhaust. How excited am I!

Couple of quick quezzies for the Exige owners :

I don't normally intend to drive the car in the rain/snow - if its raining hard when I pick it up (let's face it, it seems likely, might even snow) am I going to be ok driving home if I take it steady? :P

And secondly, if its got stupid dealer stickers on the bodywork, am I right in saying a hairdryer is the best way to get them off?

Thanks,

Matt

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just pick the sticker off with your nails, thats what I did-no marks at all :)

As for driving in the rain, you'll have no probs-it's the best car I ever driven in the rain :P

Reg

LOL Reg, I presume you mean "best" in the rain as in "entertaining but kind of scary"?  :)

No, I really mean they feel very planted, we took ours for a service in the floods/heavy rain last year, no wheel spin (if your not being silly, 'normal' motorway speeds were achived on B roads) :P

Reg

Why don't you just ask the dealer to remove them, if he is funny about it just say I don't remember us agreeing a rate for advertising space when purchasing the car! :)

You never know he might want to part with a vast amount of money for the privilege

:P:clap:

I have to add that Elaine was following me in our 160bhp 205, with brand new Toyo T1-S's, she did nothing but wheel spin and aqua plane, whilst I had none :D

Take care, get to know your car, and you won't have any problems :P

Reg.

Its fine in the wet aslong as you don't drive to fast. Just drive like you would drive a normal car and its fine in the wet.

I sometimes pull away in 2nd gear if its a really slippy surface (but you don't have to).

Peter Smiths stickers peel straight off with finger nails.

Look forward to seeing the new car at the notts pub meet !! Looks like Exiges might out number elises :P

Chris

Archived