litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Radio Reception...

bermudabob

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think Tigga! on seloc sells a grounding plate for this.

But really...I reckon its down to the quality of the headunit. On my std one i could only pick up Radio 1 but on this new stereo I have it gets everything - still not perfect but loads better - with standard ariel and everything else.

I shielded my ariel from the engine

bay with Foil as advised and it didnt

make any difference. Don't think the

head unit quality will make a difference

over the £150 mark as mine still doesnt

get anything and its a top of the range unit.

Well pissed off with no Radio.....Think i may

sell it and get engine mods

Glenman

Has anyone tried a DAB radio? is that any better/worse reception wise?

I think DAB will be worse as if the signal level drops you get nothing instead of it going a little bit noisy.

The reception in my exige is really quite good. I only lose reception in really bad areas. The exige has a front mounted di-pole (in the front clam somewhere)

Chris

I shielded my ariel from the engine

bay with Foil as advised and it didnt

make any difference. Don't think the

head unit quality will make a difference

over the £150 mark as mine still doesnt

get anything and its a top of the range unit.

Well pissed off with no Radio.....Think i may

sell it and get engine mods

Glenman

Maybe get one of Tigga's grounding plates? Rob, I think you should try the foil as it was 200 x improvement for us.

My reception gets loads better if i switch my headlamps on, dunno why but it works.

It is probably the same reason why my temp gauge increases 2 degrees with every electrical device i have swiched on. I can get it to go from 98 to 90 just by switching radio, fan, main beam and headlamps off!!

Sounds like you have a dodgy earth if switching the headlights on helps.

DAB will help, but as said above, when the signal goes weak, it disappears, you don't just get hissing... it uses a different aerial, different broadcast etc so is better.

As for the iTrip A9part from it being illegal in this country :P) why not use the AUX input to the head unit, i'm guessing it has one as most Alpine units made in the last 10 years do...

Archived