Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

S2 Exige Squeaks And Rattles

halfpenny

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

1. Horn doesn't always work when the steering wheel is turned - We first discovered this when Reg tried beep at a stupid woman, who pulled out on us when we were going around a roundabout!

and of course..................................

2. Strut that holds boot open, doesn't work when the engine is cold.

3. Creaky roof.

Haven't had the horn problem but i've got the removable wheel.

There is apparantly a new boot strut that has a locking mechanism (mines going to be fitted at the service)

There also seems to be a new seal on the roof of the new demonstrator at pssc to stop it creaking. Going to get that fitted at the service to.

Hopefully then we'll all be happy (have to find something else to moan about !!)

Chris H

• 9 months later...

1) Crap DAB reception (touring pack fitted)

I think that may be part radio/receivers faulty and the fact that DAB is not that good yet.

2) 2. Leaking roof when car parked in the rain.

Not really had that problem when I have been parked in the rain over night, But what I do hate is when it has been raining and you open the door an try and get in. The water all runs in on top of me from the roof.

3) Squeaks/creaks/rattles from roof

NW has fix 98% of these, it did take a couple of goes, but I don't really have a problem with that anymore... The car has just come back from the body shop after having the rear clamshell off for a re-spray so they may now come back.

O' and a Stage 2 sports Exhaust kills the sound of most rattles anyway. It also make the Radio/cd fairly pointless except when in town.

If I get the ITG fitted as well then I should be able to kill of the sound of just about every rattle and make the the Radio/CD totally pointless.

4) Brake warning light - Not been a problem to me or I have not noticed it.

5) Boot support strut..... I think you can get this replaced under warranty if there is a problem for the newer version that has a locking clip.

"I find that moving the cover up and down works but if any wind hits it it comes crashing down on your head. Presumably because someone stuck a huge areofoil on it !!!!!"

That's called down force B)

6) Haven't had the horn problem but i've got the removable wheel.

7) I have a knocking/rattle from the engine bay area that has the sound of a big piece lego bouncing up and down on another as i go over bad surfaces ;)

8) Tyres :( Had new rears and basically wore then out in 3500 miles on my Euro Trip over mountain passes in Swizerland, Italy, Austria, and France, Scotland. :)

The fronts seem to last alot better.

Interesting thread, so far I haven't noticed any rattles but it's early days!. But the radio reception is absoloutley crap!. I have had at least 6 plastic cars TVR's and Lotus, and all of them have had crap reception. You would think it's not beyond the wit of man to sort it out would you. Having dropped my Cerb for the Exige the best thing is the fuel consumption it does more than twice the MPG and it's not yet run in!. I like to think I'm doing my bit for the enviroment! ;)

Steve

OK, roof fix works a treat..... rear end rattle was resolved but is now back :( it sounds like plastic on plastic vibrating at 1200rpm which is most annoying... i think it might even be the number plate!

Not normally too worried about noises, but this one just annoys me !!

It didnt do it the whole distance from NW back to work in Birmingham, but when i started the car up at the end of the day, it was back! :(

Johnny M

Archived