litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

The Big Meet 2009

JonS

I have a Garmin and need a little tech help on this!

I have found a number of sites that allow me to take a tom tom file and output it as a garmin file. However I can't seem to change the .txt to a .itn. Any tips on this? I tried to simply remane it but Vista tells me it's a text file whatever I change the name to.

Thnaks for your effort on this Neil :blush:

Let me know what file extension you need for Garmin and I'll see if I can convert it online for you.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let me know what file extension you need for Garmin and I'll see if I can convert it online for you.

Hi Neil

I think I need to use the Mapsource software from Garmin (free). Not downloaded it yet as PC only and I have a MAC at time, will try on PC tomorrow if I get time. Should know file extension then.

Cheers

Leigh

Route notes put together and confrimed by Neil have now been posted in Post 1 of this thread.

A few people still to be confirmed, but we've got 50 no who have registered with Laura! :(

A reminder email being sent out tomorrow. :)

Hey Guys! Does any one out there know a lot about Sat Nav and can tell me how to turn the Google Maps way points for the Big Meat into a route that I can load into my Garmin Nuvi. I know it's not really necessary (It's not like I can fall off the route and lose 49 other Lotuses is it!) but I would be interested to know how to do it.

Thanks - Looking forward to meeting you all Sunday!

Phil

As said above, only the Nuvi 600 and above support "routes".

If you have one of these, just google what you want and you will have many explanations... (sorry, I don't remember the procedure as mine does not support "routes".

Hi guys,

I dont know how other Sat Nav works apart from my TomTom I'm afraid. If you load up the google maps, each point is listed on the left hand side with co-ordinates so perhaps these could be imputed into your Sat Nav. Otherwise, follow the person in front :wacko:

We do have comprehensive written directions and some maps to hand out before we start.

Archived