Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

The Big Meet 2009

JonS

The 2009 Big Meet

If you only do one run this year, make sure it's this one

Sunday 7th June 2009

Now confirmed as the Fosseway & East Midlands Run charted by Neil :D

There will be a £2 participation fee per car for this event to cover the cost of the MSA licence and to put any extra into the MLOC piggy bank.

ALL attendants must be registered with SELOC to allow us to be covered by the MSA Licence. This is vital as you need to sign on with your SELOC username.

The routes are as follows:

Morning Route:

Link: Google maps <-- Updated with new lunch venue

Distance: 69 miles, approx 2hrs 10mins

Meeting Point: Tesco Car Park, Hawley Road, Hinckley, LE10 0PR

Registration Time: 10:15am

Briefing Time: 10:45am

1st Group Departure Time: 11:00am

Lunch Time Location: Daventry Country Park

Afternoon Route:

Link: Google maps <-- Updated with new lunch venue

Distance: 52 miles, approx 1hr 40mins

Finish Location: PTP, Coventry Road, Hinckley, Leicestershire, LE10 0NB

THIS POST IS STILL BEING UPDATED WITH INFO

Keep checking back for updates, banter, nonvoys, etc.

Neil, EliseLaura and myself have divided the organisation of this up to make it less work for one person.

The list of tasks that need to be done is as follows (cross out once completed):

• Send application form to MSA for Certificate of Exemption
  • Contact MSA Regional Liaison Officers
  • Receive Certificate of Exemption
  • Prepare & send info to registered members emails
  • Cross-post in Events section of SELOC Link HERE
  • Ensure all attendants are registered on SELOC on sign-up to the event
  • Confirm lunchtime venue
  • Drive route for verification
  • Finalise route & send out to attendees (check TomTom/Garmin files) TomTom files located in Post 12 below.
  • Assemble members into groups & assign group leaders
  • Have fun! :D

THIS POST IS STILL BEING UPDATED WITH INFO

NB Added the Route Notes to this thread. See attachements.

Lotus_Midlands_Big_Meet_2009_Route_Notes.pdf

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst we can't make the run we want to catch up with people at the end. What sort of time (fingers crossed) are you expected back at PTP ? We're coming back from our first camping trip with Jessica (!) in the Peaks.

I imagine between 4:30 and 5 maybe?

Neil, can you remember what time you finished last time?

Will be nice to see you guys there :)

4:30 - 5 sounds about right. I don't know how long it'd take you to get to PTP, but we could always call you to let you know when we are getting close

I have cross-posted the event on SELOC Events section.

All participants must be members of SELOC (which is free) to allow us to be covered by the insurance that MSA Licence gives us.

If you are not yet a member of SELOC, simply click here to join, then please can you register your attendance on the events page linked above.

Muchly appreciated :)

Jon

Can't wait for this :clap:

Will be a good chance to put a few miles on the new car :D

There will be two for food at lunch time, not to sure if you need to no numbers. :blush:

Also looking forward to seeing a few old faces and meeting some new ones.

I have emailed all those who registered with Laura (and gave their email address! B) )

If you have registered and not given your email, Laura will be in touch soon :lol:

I've driven the complete route, checked out Daventry Country Park, updated the maps, updated the route instructions and finally, updated the tomtom files!

I've had to upload the files as .txt files, you'll need to change them back to .itn before you put them into your tomtom.

Fosse_Run_2009_Morning.txt

Fosse_Run_2009_Afternoon.txt

I used to have software to convert the files to suit Garmin and other types of sat nav, but that was on my old laptop. If anyone has suitable software to convert the files, feel free to do so and post them up on here, otherwise I'll have to see if I can find a converter online when I get some spare time.

A few points to note:

• If you've got an older version of tomtom there's a point in the afternoon section where it may get confused due to a new road and roundabout. The route instructions are correct though, so you should be able to figure it out
  • There are a couple of speed scameras on the route, but they are both rear facing (so at least you can see them before it's too late), and they are both highlighted in the notes.
  • You'll need to pay to park in Daventry Country Park, so bring some change. There's an overspill car park on the way in to the park in case it's to full when you get there.

Hope the weather is good for you guys!

;)

Thanks Neil! A lot of work involved here. I'll get back in touch with the RLO's to let them know we've changed the route a little.

Hats off to Neil ;)

I've driven the complete route, checked out Daventry Country Park, updated the maps, updated the route instructions and finally, updated the tomtom files!

I've had to upload the files as .txt files, you'll need to change them back to .itn before you put them into your tomtom.

Fosse_Run_2009_Morning.txt

Fosse_Run_2009_Afternoon.txt

I used to have software to convert the files to suit Garmin and other types of sat nav, but that was on my old laptop. If anyone has suitable software to convert the files, feel free to do so and post them up on here, otherwise I'll have to see if I can find a converter online when I get some spare time.

A few points to note:

• If you've got an older version of tomtom there's a point in the afternoon section where it may get confused due to a new road and roundabout. The route instructions are correct though, so you should be able to figure it out
  • There are a couple of speed scameras on the route, but they are both rear facing (so at least you can see them before it's too late), and they are both highlighted in the notes.
  • You'll need to pay to park in Daventry Country Park, so bring some change. There's an overspill car park on the way in to the park in case it's to full when you get there.

Hope the weather is good for you guys!

I have a Garmin and need a little tech help on this!

I have found a number of sites that allow me to take a tom tom file and output it as a garmin file. However I can't seem to change the .txt to a .itn. Any tips on this? I tried to simply remane it but Vista tells me it's a text file whatever I change the name to.

Thnaks for your effort on this Neil :blush:

Archived