litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Ipod Holder?/ Allen Key Bung Loss

Sol

A few days ago, the rubber grommit(?) bung thing that holds the roof allen key got pushed into the plastic surround. Had a quick look and it doesnt look easy to remove. Anyone here had that problem? TBH, it might be just as easy to get a new one from the dealership if its too much hassle and stick that over the hole. Anyone tried it?

Also, been looking for an ipod holder(4g 40gb) with little success. The official ones seem to be for a cup holder, which is pretty useless in the elise. Managed to get a carphone warehouse universal phone holder to work perfectly in the honda and might try the same though not sure where to stick it. One of you gadget boys+girls must have an elegant solution that doesnt involve sticking things to the dash willy nilly. I have got an aux in lead from the mp3 cd player that trails around-possible try and route it through the spare switch port. Not wanting to go the iTrip route for various reasons...ideas?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: the ipod, would you believe it but you can actually buy an ipod holder specifically tailored for the Lotus Elise!!! It slots in the tray next to the car head unit - the one I saw looked like it was for an S2.

I happened across this information when I was considering buying an ICE link for my ipod (in the end I plumped for an 80gig mp3 hard drive stereo so didn't bother with the ipod).

Consequently, I have forgotton where I saw the holder - I think it was either car audio direct's website or www.ihavetohave.it

Also, the holder may only be sold with the ICE link, so may be no good to you.

Hangar111 have just released the S1 version of the phone holder etc... looks suited to the task. It replaces the the current plastic heater surround with something attached to a new one and you attach phone/iPod to it.

Have fun taking the Aux input to the spare slot... fiddly! :)

See last post here

Doesnt seem to be ready just yet(a few weeks I think), but even so, the thought of a suction cup holding the ipod in a car that feels every bump...hmmm, Im not convinced. And if you have a 'skin' on it, I bet it really wouldnt work well. Like to be proved wrong, but might try and see if I can do a custom job.*

*Then f@ck it up, and buy one anyway :)

:)

You could just stick the iPod in the bit by the side of the drivers seat... or maybe if you are going to use the spare switch for the aux input... (mine is used for a tweeter so i won't be using that)... you could craft something that fits in/slots under the coin tray? Maybe you could adapt a universal PDA holder?

Sounds interesting - what stereo was that ?  My Sony multichanger is getting unreliable now it's about 6 years old.

It's a Dension DH100.

It comes with a small hard drive that slots inside the headunit.

You can choose from 20 - 80 gig hard drives.

The hard drive connects to the the computer via USB and you simply drag and drop the music files.

I have around 1,000 CDs on my hard drive and it's less than half full.

The prices of the unit have come down recently - best place to get them from is www.ihavetohave.it

http://www.hangar111.com/Shop/Limited/Prod...ePhoneStalk.htm

This is the ONLY mobile phone holder available that allows you to use your mobile LEGALLY in your Elise.

Not strictly true because you can always get the dashmount one from http://www.dashmount.co.uk

I guess the dashmount one is only a mount so their wording on the only phone holder probably lets them off :sleep:

http://www.dashmount.co.uk/additsjune/70330.htm

• 2 weeks later...
A few days ago, the rubber grommit(?) bung thing that holds the roof allen key got pushed into the plastic surround. Had a quick look and it doesnt look easy to remove. Anyone here had that problem? TBH, it might be just as easy to get a new one from the dealership if its too much hassle and stick that over the hole. Anyone tried it?

Mine was missing when I bought the car (presumably been pushed in like yours). You can get a selection of plain grommets from Halfords (or similar) and put a hole in the centre yourself - works a treat and pretty cheap. Never tried retrieving one or buying one from a dealer.

Actually, I managed to order the grommet through Orchard(only £1.25). Should be arriving in a week or so, so will fit it over the top. Not sure what the part number is, but can maybe get it off the invoice if anyone needs it.

And on the ipod holder, I have found a solution. Got a universal mobile phone holder from Halfords for £15. Its a suction cup jobbie, but I couldnt get it to hold to the windscreen due to curvature. However, I have managed to stick it to the body just in front of the coin tray where the surface is smooth. Will take a pic asap. It works really well as it leaves no marks and can be removed at any point!

• 2 months later...
Re: the ipod, would you believe it but you can actually buy an ipod holder specifically tailored for the Lotus Elise!!! It slots in the tray next to the car head unit - the one I saw looked like it was for an S2.

I happened across this information when I was considering buying an ICE link for my ipod (in the end I plumped for an 80gig mp3 hard drive stereo so didn't bother with the ipod).

Consequently, I have forgotton where I saw the holder - I think it was either car audio direct's website or www.ihavetohave.it

Also, the holder may only be sold with the ICE link, so may be no good to you.

;) AT LAST!! I finally managed to find the website again that sells ipod holders specifically for the Liz. I thought I'd dreamed it! The link is: http://www.ihavetohave.it/product.php/476/...48e6e49fe2b4f02

• 3 weeks later...

Archived