litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Tyre Sizes For S1

Sol

Good work Sol,

I managed to speak to someone at Toyo yesrterday, he is going to come back to me today with some prices, though the price from Tim off Seloc is very good, so he may be better and quicker than direct from Toyo, i'll keep you all posted on what i find out.

While speaking to the chap from toyo he mentioned that the T1-Rs are not as soft as the T1-S's so they hold up better on track at high temps, apparently they are about 20% harder so they last longer, and the sidewall flex is combatted but the difference in tread pattern around the outside.

Ian

Oh and after looking at the camskill website i realised that is where i got my original price of £250 from, not mytyres or blackcircles ;)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The treadwear is listed as worse than T1-S.... more grip too, so i reckon they'll wear quicker.

Jimbo, my fluid was knackered and pipes were not well... so maybe that was as much a difference, lots more feel.... point taken though ;)

I ordered two rear tyres 225/45/16 T1-R from Camskill at 4pm on tuesday by phone.

The tyres arrived before 12 noon on wednesday direct from toyo.

Toyo would not deal direct unless I had an account with them.

Can't find afault with Camskill.

henry

I have spoken again to the chap from Toyo, they way that they will be able to supply us is through their network of dealers.

So what we need to do is find the nearest dealer to where ever you live and then they can give us each a quote. Some may be cheaper than others depending on which dealer they use and how much of a cut the dealer wants. However the rep did say that he was almost certain that we will be able to get them for less that £250 a set.

So can anyone who is interested in a set of Toyos please let me know their postcode, so i can start getting quotes for you.

Cheers

Archived