Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

What To Buy For £25 - 30k

GCCK

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Test drove the Jag X-type sport D Estate a couple of weeks ago. Very nice - smooth, comfortable, reasonably taut.

Had a Mondeo ST220 for 3 days (600 miles!), gave it back today :fart: Loved it to bits - so well tied down, handles like a sports car (well, all bar an Elise, that is...), steering you can feel, super brakes and truly wonderful Recaro seats. Ride is firm but not crashy and big wheels/low profile tyes generate road noise but massive grip. Bonkers fast for a family estate car although I'm in line for the ST TDCi diesel version: not so fast overall but with more mid-range than the 3.0 V6 petrol. SWMBO has a Ghia X petrol (1.8SCi) and it's a fair bit softer - different proposition - not for me.

No contest. Mondeo ST easily the best car, and not being a badge snob, it's what I'm going to get. Also save £100/ month lease which goes into my pocket. And that's after the Rear Seat Audio kit which means I don't have to listen to Jenni's Steps/S Club/Atomic Pussy crap!

Graeme

Good work Graeme. Neighbour has one and travels down to Bristol EVERY day. from derby. NUTTER ! He has similiar choices as you and went for one over the X type diesel - my mum had one - 2.0d but I didnt think much to it. prefer the C class Merc myself. He says the mondeo gets the leather, sat-nav and all the toys for same price as jag.

driven them both but still would stick with Honda Accord 2.2i CTDi Sport that I had on the company for a while. damn :D for an oil burner

but sounds like u made your mind up :fart:

Archived