litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Hit A Deer On The Way To Work This Morning

GreyKnight

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hit a car once, well technically it ran across the road and ran into the side of my car

:(

:(

haha sorry I meant to put cat!! The T and R are next to each other on the keyboard in my defence!! Will amend my original post :tup:

[That's why I was able to make certain the deer was dead and then happily grab hold of it by its hind legs and casually drag it off the road much to the horror of passing motorists ;) Ho hum.

:tup: I know I go in a similar way to work as you in the morning just in the opposite direction. would have been hilarious (in a disturbed kinda way!) watching you drag a dead deer into a hedge this morning but I set off earlier than usual - damn!

haha sorry I meant to put cat!! The T and R are next to each other on the keyboard in my defence!! Will amend my original post :(

:( Another good one!

"That's why I was able to make certain the deer was dead and then happily grab hold of it by its hind legs and casually drag it"

LOL

just how do you define "casually" dragging a deer, as aposed to the more formal way i thought you were meant to move them.

only kidding, its just that kind of thread :(

richbk

"That's why I was able to make certain the deer was dead and then happily grab hold of it by its hind legs and casually drag it"

LOL

just how do you define "casually" dragging a deer, as aposed to the more formal way i thought you were meant to move them.

only kidding, its just that kind of thread :blush:

richbk

Well you know, hand on hip, non-plussed expression on face, deer in other hand, an "I do this every day" kind of body language. :)

Well you know, hand on hip, non-plussed expression on face,

thought you drove an S1 :blush:

hope you are going to call the young lady later to ensure she is ok??

richbk

Sounds like you got off fairly lightly, and if you got her number you might have even bagged yourself a date! Take her out for some venison! :blush:

I hit a badger recently, although it was already dead (I could tell as it was smeared quite some distance over the carraigeway :) ) - didn't damage the car but my car had badger flesh and hair welded onto the exhaust system for weeks - it bloody stank!

I ran a little mouse over once, i cried all the way home to the point i couldn't see i was crying to much :wacko:

Of course i stopped to compse myself, eventually. The poor little mouse!

Wahey!

Strike up the barbie - Graham's doing dinner! :wacko:

Glad you're OK though. The deer met it's demise but by the sounds of things if you had swerved instinctively to avoid it, you'd be picking bits of Alto & Gym Teacher out of your front grille...

The same thing hapened to me. I was on the A38 near Litchfield when a large dear ran down the bank into my FRP at about 60 mph (me not the dear). It smashed my front passenger side wing, but apart from body panel/paint damage the car was ok!. When I stoped I noticed a lorry on the other side of the road had hit one as well. I had just had the car serviced, in preparation for selling it, the day before - I was not a happy chappy!

Archived