litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Boy Racers

cmm_elise_s

I just popped down to the shell garage in Cannock some little moron in a generic boy racer car with a large diameter exhaust tried to race me. This happens to me all the time. I let him carry on and I followed (within the speed limit) in the cloud of black smoke he left behind.

When he saw I had not tried to go past him he slowed down and waved me past. I suspect he thought he may out accelerate me if I tried to overtake. Of course I did not.

Does anybody else experience this? It’s a regular thing for me!!!

RANT OVER :rolleyes: thanks for listening

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just popped down to the shell garage in Cannock some little moron in a generic boy racer car with a large diameter exhaust tried to race me. This happens to me all the time. I let him carry on and I followed (within the speed limit) in the cloud of black smoke he left behind.

When he saw I had not tried to go past him he slowed down and waved me past. I suspect he thought he may out accelerate me if I tried to overtake. Of course I did not.

Does anybody else experience this? It's a regular thing for me!!!

RANT OVER :rolleyes: thanks for listening

If it's the Shell garage at Longford Island opposite McDonalds and Halfrauds then I'm surprised it was just the one!

I have to admit to something.....

This same thing happened to me on way to work last week. A Clio with two pre-pubescent male occupants and a centrally mounted exhaust the diameter of an oil drum roared past me on the kidderminster ring road, churning out masses of black smoke! He pulled in infront of me and slowed up, then accelerated, covering my beautiful GRP in all kinds of polluting chavy crap! He slowed up again because I didn't bite. We went round another of the round abouts, and he again put his right foot flat on his red-arrows-smoke 'on' pedal, yet again, killing all the trees in the area. Fed up with it, I kinda changed down and pullde out, he again turns his smoke on, but fails to actually speed up! In the mean time, I'm off up an over the hill.

Usually, I don't bite, but when my car gets put through that, I can't stand it!

RANT OVER

Ditto :rolleyes:

I get this all the time, think even more so as I am a girl so I make an easy target when I am sat at traffic lights for them to feel they can beat and brag about it. I just let them go and then pass them later on when their little heaps have given all they possibly can. It is funny though to watch them go flying off when the lights turn to green, especially if you just rev the engine a little to get them going :lol:

I rarely bother.

The problem is no matter how quick your car is, if you dont put your foot down at the same time as your 'aggressor' there is every chance that they will outpace you (to begin with)!

Only the other day, I was (a passenger) in my mates Merc CLK 55 AMG, which in a straight line is seriously quick and we were raced by a couple of chavs in a Rover 620i who to begin with outpaced us!

I can't stand Chav's in Shit cars trying to race me, so if its a dual track with a reasonable speed limit I just ablitorate them, then slow down and administer my hello chav wave which Maverick in TopGun so aptly put is as 'the bird' !!

:lol:

sorry, but really not worth bothering

guess as i have a kid it makes you more aware of dangers,

but can you imagine if you decided to race a pr*ck and you or more likely them

hit an innocent kid/adult/granny....the thought just makes me go cold, victims and properbly your life ruined.

nuff said

richbk

yep i don't rise to it, i just feel all warm inside knowing that if i really wanted to i could leave them in a puff of road shit dug up from my rears. i like to watch them try, .....it just makes me giggle, the thought of their disappointment or even glee when they realise they beat me, ......... if only they knew i weren't trying.

sorry, but really not worth bothering

guess as i have a kid it makes you more aware of dangers,

but can you imagine if you decided to race a pr*ck and you or more likely them

hit an innocent kid/adult/granny....the thought just makes me go cold, victims and properbly your life ruined.

nuff said

richbk

Thats a good point.

I used to 'bite' ever-now & then a few years back, but I don't anymore. I followed one 'kid' a few years ago after he screamed past me in his '98 fiesta, not intending to push him, but interested in how far he would take it (Cat n Fiddle road - no one around). Pretty sure he intended me to rear-end him, as for no reason whatsoever, he just slammed the brakes on as hard as he could. Credit to the Liz that it outbraked him even with my not-so-fast reactions.

I was Absolutely FUMING. I think he wanted to screw my car up and get some money out of me.

So, watch it folks.

I only ever "bit" once, in Birmingham on the A38 where there are loads of consecutive lights on a dual carriageway. 5 kids in a Golf GTI undertook me (easy, as I was stationary waiting for green, and they were still moving and in gear) and zoomed off ahead. Came across them at the next set of lights where chose the other lane and offered a few revs, before hooning it to the speed limit (40mph) and pootling down the rest of the road in 4th. To his credit, he actually chose the opposite lane again at the 3rd set of lights, but this time there was 1 red faced kid, and 4 others pi$$ing themselves at him. Cue normal driving again.

Archived