litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Which Inducton Kit Is Best Value

lesstatt

Thanks Guys,

Starting to think about a few mods and priorities.

I know I'm a bit on the heavy side, but my suspension (27k Miles) is arse numbing on some of the local roads by us so I may have to look at this soon.

But the ITG / Hurricane contest seems to be one of personal preference.

I can't find any Dyno figures for a direct, same vehicle comparison, are there any ?

Bob

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Standard car is 118.

I did Exige exhaust, then Hurricane then decat over about a year. Each change was noticeable, but not dynoed.

Once I'd done all 3, it made 133 on a dyno, immediately after a standard car made 118 (demonstrating accuracy of the dyno in that region).

Chris

GO FOR THE HURRICANE ;)

I HAVE THE MAGNEX EXHAUST AND JANSPEED CRP AND IT WORKS REALLY WELL WITH THOSE MODS. PERFORMANCE HAS IMPROVED AND THE INDUCTION GROWL IS UNREAL. THE ENGINE NOW GETS THE COLD AIR IT NEEDS

THE HURRICANE IS £165INC VAT FROM ELISEPARTS

THE HURRICANE IS ALSO AVAILABLE IN A CARBON FIBRE FINISH FOR A BIT MORE MONEY

CAN WE PLEASE TURN CAPS LOCK OFF....

Thanks.

Again i have no RR/Dyno figures of my car, but the exhaust, CRP and Hurricane have made a lot of difference, general figures to seem to say about 135bhp with all of the above.

Tango - if the ride is arse numbing, you won't change much with the suspension... LSS/S2 stuff is better, the ride is more composed, less noisy etc, but it is harder - significantly stiffer springs (especially if you go for Exige ones!)

So i would suggest changing the seats... i have the Corbeau ones out of the S135 and they are a massive improvement, not only do they look better, they hold you in better and are also more comfortable.

Cool info Kris et al,

Scott dude, :gay: (KY MAN)

Perhaps arse numbing was not the ideal choice of phrase. :gay:

Probably "sh@gged beyond all belief" would be more appropriate.

:tup:

The 27k miles thing probably has something to do with this !

No way on earth did any vehicle leave a manufacturer with movement

and thumpings that my newest acquisition has got !

Next time someones over my way, have a ride/drive, can't be right, surely. :)

Can we have a poll please ?

Q. Which induction system fitted.

1) Hurricane.

2) ITG

3) K&N Cone

4) Mr Whippy's 99 Cone

Oops there I go again ! :blush:

Tangy - bit like my socks.

The dampers are most likely in need of replacement at 27k and moving over to S2 stuff is well worth it for a quieter, smoother, stiffer, more composed ride. Incredibly it manages all those things at once - for £500.

Also worth getting your balljoints, toelinks, track rod ends & rack looked at. May just need some maintenance but some bits could be worn, causing imprecision.

And get a full geo done.

Then start tweaking the noisy bits.

Graeme

Yup... my rears were replaced after 18k.

It depends how they get used really.. if for most of their life they are not pushed, the first time you really give them some grief all of the crap that is on the them gets forced inside the piston and FUBAR's it.....

Archived