litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lss!

Scott_Mac

Got it fitted..... ride is much nicer, seems much more under control.

Seems a bit weird at the mo though as on a few corners i felt as though i should back off as though the tail was about to go... it never did though.

I reckon it was down to me expecting body roll and not getting it :D

Am i being weird???

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I felt similar in a 135r I took for a brief test drive - was only my second time driving an elise though.

It might be because you can 'feel' what is happening more now the ride is firmed up - feeling which might have been absorbed with the old suspension? Just a guess though?

Yeah, i have a feeling you may be right.

I reckon it is something along those lines, and i just need to get used to it. Was/Am puzzled really.

Tomorrow should be a bloody good test anyway!!!!!

The latter Jaye.... plus rumour seems to be that i have Exige springs too (bloody hard ride!)

After yesterday, they are fantastic, it still skits around a bit on very bumpy roads, but on track it was stunning!

The LSS explains the grounding out at times, not sure if it were the 110mph tail out one though :P

The rest of them were made an awful lot easier by the LSS though, mush easier to slide and get back than before as the car doesn't pitch and wallow around like the std stuff!

Glad you liked 'em..... need more power though, but i'm not too fussed just yet :blush:

Have no idea std is like tbh Jonny.... everyone who went in my car seems to think that yes, it is very stiff.

I have been searching but can't really find any detailed difference on spring rates.

As you can see - fantastic ability added to the car though.... :D

Archived