litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Stelvio Trip Planning

JonS

Thanks Andrea I'd really appreciate that.

I'm also looking for places around the Chamonix area, if anyone has any recommendations.

I've never been to Stelvio, but after I've seen Top Gear "Best road in the world" episode.... I really want to have a trip there! I'll follow this topic with great interest!

Regard Como... well I think I can collect some info for you. Let's keep in touch.

cu,

Andrea

So, our plans for the Alps trip are progressing well. I'll give more details when we have confirmed a few more hotels.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend any hotels to stay in on the shores of Lake Como, Italy. I was thinking of staying possibly Bellagio, but the hotel reviews I read were so varied and some of them really bad!

We're looking for a nice hotel (good parking as well) to stay for 3 nights at the beginning of August. We'd possibly like to make a trip to Monza / Milan so somewhere on the southern shores would be better.

Can anyone recommend anything?

Thanks in advance,

Jon

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jon and I have put our heads together tonight over our little trip, and my wife actaully said "if you're planning a trip to Modena, you may as well go to Monaco!"

So now we're going to Monaco instead of Chamonix :D

I've looked at the hotel some of you guys are staying at in September, but it is £165 per night for us. We are realatively willing to pay this as it does look like a great hotel, but does anyone have any experience of other Monaco hotels? I'd like to have a marina view, being a yacht designer, it's yacht heaven for me :blush: ) so that really is a must. Any thoughts?

Archived