litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Elise 160

darryl

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even though I've not bought a car from them (yet :angry: ) they've always been very friendly when I've been in.

Think a few people have bought stuff from them, although they did have a bad rep on the servicing side, but that was a few years ago now to be fair!

Dave

Darryl, post up the Reg number before you commit. On here and on SELOC, someone may know the history. I would consider Stratstone

Milton Keynes as well. Rob S is the main man. He is also a member on here and a real Lotus enthusiast HTH.

Darryl, post up the Reg number before you commit. On here and on SELOC, someone may know the history. I would consider Stratstone

Milton Keynes as well. Rob S is the main man. He is also a member on here and a real Lotus enthusiast HTH.

Thanks for that Martin,

The registration is AU03CZY

Personally I have bought from Stratstone @ Leics and would not do so again.

Delivery was the problem, date and time specified by them, on the way to collect, 15 miles to go and get a phone call saying car hadnt come in yet.

On a 35 K car not too good.

On the Lotus side 10 months to get a warrenty item replaced.

Yeah quite overpriced and I wouldn't say that theyd be the most supportive dealership - They've only got one techie guy - well they did last time I was there and the sales guy although a nice fella wasnt really up to speed on the marque. not that any of them are at these main dealerships.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/94113.htm

This looks good value - 111r with warranty and lower mileage. I'd have that out of the 2.

Yeah quite overpriced and I wouldn't say that theyd be the most supportive dealership - They've only got one techie guy - well they did last time I was there and the sales guy although a nice fella wasnt really up to speed on the marque. not that any of them are at these main dealerships.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/94113.htm

This looks good value - 111r with warranty and lower mileage. I'd have that out of the 2.

Isnt that one of the ex-Silverstone cars that they are selling off, certainly some of them had engine problems due to oil starvation. That's why they are cheap.

Worth a punt as long as you are aware of their history.

Yeah they are the ex silverstone cars. Not a great big deal as they will have been serviced on the mile at every schedule with maintenance between. Fine if you know what they are - they've been driven how they are supposed to - and not like a lot of people who just drive them for posing in :lol:

Thank you to all for your frank and interesting comments!

The dealer obviously dident like the idea of me asking you folk what you thought of them as ALL as gone very very quiet.

Read into that what you like! Again thanks.

Archived