litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024
  • Welcome to Midlands Lotus Owners Club (MLOC)

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

JonS
JonS

Europa S Gives Local Mp The “blues”

Richard Bacon MP has embarked upon an extended test drive of the brand new Lotus Europa S

– the latest high performance, lightweight sportscar from the stable of Lotus Cars, the largest

employer in his South Norfolk parliamentary constituency.

Mr Bacon was handed the keys to the Magnetic Blue Lotus Europa S by the CEO of Group

Lotus plc, Mike Kimberley, following a meeting to discuss the company's growth plans. Richard

will be using the sportscar to promote Norfolk as a business location, holiday destination and a

region with great investment potential. To aid this promotion, a decal has been fitted to the rear

of the car stating "Support Norfolk Business, Drive a Lotus!"

Whilst at Lotus, Richard Bacon was briefed by Mike Kimberley about the new 5 year business

plan for Group Lotus plc. The business plan includes opportunities for growth in Lotus

Engineering (including expansion in new markets, joint ventures and strategic alliances) and the

launch of three new Lotus models over the next three years for Lotus Cars.

On handing over the keys, Mike Kimberley said, "The Lotus Europa S, being the latest model

from Hethel is the perfect car for Richard. It is a sportscar that goes as far as we feel we can

towards a Grand Tourer style Lotus, without compromising what the Lotus Brand stands for –

namely fun, involving and safe driving. So Richard can arrive promptly at Westminster in

sophisticated style and at the end of the day take the long route home, enjoying the fabulous

roads that we have in this region. On a more serious note, I am very grateful for the support,

both publicly and behind the scenes, that Richard has given to Lotus over the years."

Richard Bacon MP said, "Lotus is a vital business within my constituency. It is the largest

employer in South Norfolk and a flagship company not just for the region but for the United

Kingdom as a whole. It is marvelous to have a company with so many prospects and so much

potential on our doorstep. It is also reassuring to hear from Mike that Lotus and its shareholders

are committed to Norfolk for a long time to come. Finally, I would like to thank Lotus for allowing

me to test drive this brilliant car – and in such a suitable colour scheme too! I never realised how

enjoyable driving can be!"

http://www.midlandsl...ds/europamp.pdf

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.