litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Toxic Green S-Cup - (Aka Grogu)

DC2-CJH

Hi all as with most of my cars I thought I’d start a bit of a build thread.

However unlike most cars which I bought and built up to be highly modified the plans for the lotus are quite different and so this will be more thread of its life in my ownership.

I have also created a Facebook page called “Toxic Green S-Cup - (Aka Grogu)” containing images of its progress pre and post purchase.

Build Page Guide

Page 1

* Pre-purchase Photo‘s
* First maintenance wash
* Trip to Brands Hatch, initial sound testing which is passed with ease
* Schroth Harnesses, Harness bar and OEM Rear tow strap fittings installed

* Photos - Location is at the Battle Of Britain Memorial at Capel-Le-Ferne

* Trackday wheels and out of hibernation

* Hockey Puck (Jack Pucks) Install and full major service by Back On Track incl new Supercharger Belt & TRD air filter 

Page 2

* Quick details post 2024 Full major service

So here’s the car:

Pre-Purchase

IMG_6706.jpeg

IMG_6707.jpeg

IMG_6708.jpeg

IMG_6709.jpeg

IMG_6710.jpeg

IMG_6711.jpeg

IMG_6712.jpeg

IMG_6713.jpeg

IMG_6715.jpeg

Edited by DC2-CJH
New Images and a proper build thread

• DC2-CJH changed the title to Lotus Elise S Cup - Toxic Green
18 minutes ago, lotus111 said:

A previous owner of a Toxic 250 Cup here. Fantastic cars and a great colour welcome MLOC and hope to see you out on a run soon 👍4EDD5A39-4890-40BA-AA89-9A382041DBDB.thumb.jpeg.3efb3f30b53e120bba4b26e881c45fd0.jpeg

Will do, I am Kent based but in touch with quite a few owners that way so will be venturing out and about to various events, mainly track days I think 🙂

• Like 1

• DC2-CJH changed the title to Toxic Green S-Cup - (Aka Grogu)

Only just got back from a few weeks away on holiday but before going I decided to take the car to my local track “Brands Hatch” for a sound test to check it won’t have any issues.

The initial sound testing it passed with ease.

Here are a few photos taken at the grounds, only had my phone so next time I’ll get some proper ones with my camera.

9e8a4cf0-4695-414b-8167-2d15620bf407.jpeg

c49cefad-4322-4fc6-b6d8-fc2b1f58005f.jpeg

efe45e01-1072-4fc3-bbb2-552c6f98fc0e.jpeg

Edited by DC2-CJH

12 hours ago, DeanB said:

Looks lovely.  Are you planning on doing much track work with it?

Morning mate, yeah I intend too as much as I can, but I don't have as much free time nowadays and I will be unlikely to get any seat time until 2024 due to other commitments 😞 

Once I do get some seat time I will make sure it's kept in this condition and maintained to the highest standard as I am a really OCD about things and enjoy detailing all our cars whilst enjoying them properly (not on the roads which is worse for them imo, bad surfaces and even worse bad drivers everywhere). One thing I am also hot on is never abusing or pushing my cars to their limits to reduce unnecessary damage and wear and tear etc.

To put in perspective how immaculate and well I maintain and keep my track cars this is the last one I had. This was just before selling it after 5.5 years of solely track use (aside from driving too and from tracks). I did circa 3K miles minimum in this per year and when I sold it there wasn't a dent or scratch on it and very small minimal stone chips on the front splitter (not noticeable) which you'd get on the road anyway.

It was a great cheap and fun track car after taking a break from the likes of the GTR and even the rear arches are spotless and this is how I will intend to keep the Lotus once I get some seat time, in as mint and showroom condition as physically possible whilst using it and maintaining it 🙂

5F576391-5709-4641-BA20-1C2A4A5F76F2.jpeg

0059F9CF-E57C-459A-80D9-05B47742B775.jpeg

80E27494-94B0-48D0-A6D2-D769F610DB1E.jpeg

8808B019-F4D8-4CBF-8825-5910EF606967.jpeg

06474630-C9B5-4D38-A239-F30C0BCB3C35.jpeg

35279044-E2A9-4AD9-8D4D-9F7591172DF1.jpeg

64796564-35FB-4F61-ADB6-A96674010F1E.jpeg

Very tidy.

I think you might enjoy the transition to a RWD track car though 😊 - front wheels should be for steering only in my view!

A shame you don't plan on doing any road runs, we have some great MLOC  Sunday morning runs and have a few regulars with 220 and 250 Cups. They are, I think, the perfect car for twisty, undulating Peak District Roads.

3 hours ago, DeanB said:

Very tidy.

I think you might enjoy the transition to a RWD track car though 😊 - front wheels should be for steering only in my view!

A shame you don't plan on doing any road runs, we have some great MLOC  Sunday morning runs and have a few regulars with 220 and 250 Cups. They are, I think, the perfect car for twisty, undulating Peak District Roads.

I am a little too far away unfortunately mate I am down in Kent so to do any runs like that I would have to make a weekend of it which isn't easy at the moment 😞

Maybe in 2024 I can look to attend one or a few

Yeah I wanted the change for a new challenge, and this will certainly bring that 🙂

Edited by DC2-CJH

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday as it was supposed to be a nice bright and sunny day I took the car for a spin and decided to go to a really nice photo spot. You used to be able to get over to the planes and do photo's with them, however the landscaping has changed somewhat preventing the same images as I wanted to take. But nonetheless some nice shots of the Cup here, typically it rained both at the photo location and on the way home 😞

Location is the Battle of Britain Memorial - Capel-Le-Ferne

BoB1.jpg

BoB2.jpg

BoB3.jpg

BoB4.jpg

BoB5.jpg

BoB6.jpg

BoB7.jpg

BoB8.jpg

BoB9.jpg

Edited by DC2-CJH
  • Like 1