litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Thoughts On Buying An Evora Gts?

adesmith

I have photo's somewhere of that car being built I can send you if you buy it!

found them...

IMG_5421.JPGIMG_5418.JPGIMG_5417.JPGIMG_5415.JPGIMG_5414.JPGIMG_5412.JPGIMG_5410.JPGIMG_5407.JPGIMG_5406.JPGIMG_5405.JPG

These pictures are from lotus sport when we were working out how they were going to move the twin oil coolers and fit an air slot for the oil coolers.   (this car was being built at the same I was ordering mine - so it was the guinea pig!!)

(The oil coolers are moved forward due to the profile of the air scoop in floor in front of the wheel. The headlight washers that are built into the lights are removed when this is done though- as they would stick into the oil cooler)

The picture below from my car shows the underside of the front better, so you can see why the oil coolers are moved.

20140716_101324659_iOS.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I can get this for £50500.

God I really don't know anymore. The p/x on mine is very good though, I am looking at £15k to change.

So looking at the facts. It's a 63 plate, mine is an 11. It has the race kit on and body kit but mine is a 2+2 and I can get the kids in occasionally.

I don't think LHD would put me off but how hard will it be to get into with the cage? No stereo!

Argh decisions. I suppose I go and look at it. A set of Motorsport wheels would be needed to finish it off and apparently there are some stone chips on the rear quarter.

It does look special though.

Ade,

It sounds like you're trying to talk yourself out of it. I think what you've said is very valid (cage, rear seats for the kid), are maybe compromises too far. You may end up regretting buying it, however tempting that exclusivity. And only us sad Lotus enthusiasts will know it's a bit special, but you pays your money...

The wheels are £1500 I seem to remember.

I think you need to go drive it and see if you could really live with it.

Any idea what a set of team dynamics would cost for it. They seem to range in price depending on specific measurements.

Just found the original GTS list price was £96k!

The factory GTN/GT4 wheels are Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.3,  you could only buy them from lotus motorsport in the correct size at the time I was buying.  Just checked my invoice was £1,536 inc vat  (ALS5G0009F & ALS5G0010F) available either silver or black.

thanks Chris. Well that is a PITA on its own as I would want the correct wheels.

Also I am having issues insuring it. Its registered as an Evora S! There are a few modifications I need to declare there so have asked 1 answer for a quote and sent them the sales link.

The roll cage is causing concern as well. Quite a few discussions around the safety of these and I don't fancy wearing a helmet to work even though I have no hair :)

Adesmith

I had a Caterham with a full roll cage and I use to beat myself up about the potential risks of using it on road without a helmet. Although I did feel slighly better when I put this on.......

https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p/fia-approved-roll-cage-padding-451-100-00?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=ShoppingUK&utm_campaign=ShoppingUK&vat=on&currency=GBP&gclid=CJGc5_Oy1cUCFS-WtAod9icAfg

However please note...This is still meant to be used in conjuction with a helmet!

Mark

Adesmith

I had a Caterham with a full roll cage and I use to beat myself up about the potential risks of using it on road without a helmet. Although I did feel slighly better when I put this on.......

https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p/fia-approved-roll-cage-padding-451-100-00?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=ShoppingUK&utm_campaign=ShoppingUK&vat=on&currency=GBP&gclid=CJGc5_Oy1cUCFS-WtAod9icAfg

However please note...This is still meant to be used in conjuction with a helmet!

Mark

thanks Mark, I have knocked the idea on the head now. Luckily the whole roll cage saga came to light an hour before I was setting off to test drive it.

• 2 weeks later...

It's advertised through Facebook, not sure if a link will work. It's a guy called Russell gibbons advertising it.

It's a

Evora 350 GT F1. Full carbon

b5b631be68b938161b5a588879aa2980.jpg

Seen that at Hethel. See my 1st post on this thread - Russell Gibbons – Race Sales Manager

That car is absolutely gorgeous!!! Got to be over £100K hasn't it?

Archived